RB Situation

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Crash Override, Jun 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Are you talking about Lendale? If so, cite your source.

As far as this “bad attitude” BS goes, if you watch the Rose Bowl nothing is mentioned about White's supposed character issues. IMHO this seems to have all cropped up after last season when White didn't participate in the NFL combine and ultimately failed to work out at his pro day (including the ultimate taboo of not being timed in the 40 yard dash). Only subsequently did he reveal the extent of his hamstring injury, but the "bad attitude/lazy" label had already been stuck on White, and to a certain degree the incompetent and lazy national media continues to run with it. From the limited amount I've seen of Lendale, he seems like a really bright, laid back guy off the field (and yes perhaps a bit of an oddball), but on the field history has shown he's a great team player and a big time producer.

2. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Nice av Tobias...:ha:

3. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

I tell you what speaks volumes to me about Lendale...when the game was in the nitty-gritty during the NCAA Championship game, it was Lendale playing RB, not Bush.

As far as this yahoo claiming Lendale smokes too much weed. Either site your sources or take you poo to the TOMB.

4. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I've already heard trade rumors with Brown. I used to be a huge fan, but I think he needs to go. Too accident prone. Get something for him while we can.

5. rcarie

rcarie Tac Head

Everything I've seen from Lyndale has been pretty positive so far, that I've noticed. I think he could be one of the few good things we have on offense this season. He's a power runner which is what Fish likes. He seems to be motovated to do a good job and Chow really likes him too. Hey, I 'm will to give the kid a chance before I start ripping him. If he comes in and pulls the same crap that PacMan did last year, with the fitghts and all, then I'll procede to tear him a new one.

6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Give the kid a chance? Folks act like he was trouble a USC. Come on. Get a grip. He was anything but. He was the work horse for that team. When they needed a TD or the tough yards, he was in there. Bush got the press, but White was the horse.

7. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

There is no attitude problem with White. Chow has vouched for him, so have other USC teammates and coaches. Smokes too much weed? Where the hell you get that? Next. He was out of shape for the combine, because of a hamstring injury, and he didn't run the 40. So suddenly, he's got an attitude problem....:sad2:

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I'm wondering where his weed thing about LenDale has come from.

Unless it was about Henry.

9. BAMARON

BAMARON Camp Fodder

Lendale White was THE steal of the 2006 draft...It's almost like the Titans got two first round picks. The bad press, the ( easy to come back from) injury, and some outright lies about him pushed him to a place to where Tennesse could get him.

Norm Chow says he knows and has complete faith in White. Since Chows own future in Tennessee is on the line, I don't think he would take such a chance with a kid he felt would be a "problem child"

Personally, I'm as excited about White's future with the Titans as I am with any player we have.

I've watched him in almost everyone of his college games. He's a different type of back than Reggie Bush...And a perfect fit for Tennessee's control the ball, move the chains, style offence.

10. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

The bottom line........Reggie Bush was considered the top running back in this draft, and I'm not taking away from Reggie, BUT.....

Reggie Bush: (Career Totals) 3,169 Yds. 25 TD 7.3 AVG
    LenDale White: (Career Totals) 3,159 Yds. 52 TD 5.8 AVG

Not bad for a guy with no work ethic...........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar