RB Mark Ingram

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

With the pick they used on Stewart they could have had Joe Flacco or Chad Henne in the second. Or they could have used that pick on Jeff Otah, kept their 2009 pick (traded to Philadelphia for the Otah pick), and traded up for Josh Freeman. Doubling up on positions where you don't have a need does hurt you.

Then again Stewart was, in retrospect, one of the three best players available at that spot (CJ arguably being the better RB).

I think the better objection to Ingram is that he's maybe the #25 player in this draft at best (and that's ignoring the mileage on him and his injuries), and the talent pool at our positions of need other than QB is much deeper.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Im not saying take Ingram with our 1st pick. Im saying at the #39 pick (if he is top 25) he has good value.

I dont care anyway, just brought up an option

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm not saying that. But I am saying he couldn't overcome any other deficiencies the team had.

Basically two good/great/elite running backs are not going to make up for other weak areas. We have lots of weak areas. Mark Ingram/CJ do nothing for me for our long-term success.

(honestly, if we could fetch a 1st round 2011 pick and 1st & 2nd round 2012 pick for CJ in a blockbuster trade, I'd do that. RB might be the most interchangeable position for a team's success.)

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

amen!!

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

It's more important to have 2 good WRs than RBs. 2 or more of them will be on the field at a time.

The only comparison that applies is Carolina's, and there's not many examples of teams that have a young pro-bowl RB to draft another one in the first.

6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I say no, only because good RB's come from all rounds and we have bigger needs. Mark Ingram however is worth a first round pick to some team, sure he does nothing spectacular, but he does everything well. He is the complete package.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I just don't see us drafting a RB early. RB is the easiest position to fill. Plus, we have CJ & a decent backup in Ringer.

8. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I agree, if we could get value out of CJ right now we'd be crazy not to take it. But even a running back with his record over three seasons probably wouldn't fetch more than a single first-rounder for exactly the reason you stated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar