RB Mark Ingram

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Architect, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Architect

Architect Pain Train

IF (big if) we manage to trade down in the first and still get a contributor on defense and a QB our staff is truly happy with (say #1a Ayers and #1b/ #2a QB Andy Dalton/ Colin Kaepernick) , what do you guys think of us taking RB Mark Ingram? I don't think he will be an every down back BUT I do think he is good and the perfect complement to CJ. I think our offense worked better when he had a good change of pace back. I think a pick in the second round would represent a great value. Thoughts?

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

please no.

The best rb last year was arian foster. We can find a change of pace back later in the draft.

Damn, we had one last year and let him go.

3. citizenthom

citizenthom Rookie

I'd rather just give Ringer more carries. Better health, better college career (yes, better), better value, and already on our roster.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It's not the worst idea ever, but it might be close. Sorry to say it, but it's the truth.

RB is probably last on the list of needs for the Titans (maybe 2nd last after kicker). It is unbelievably easy to find decent backup RBs in the late rounds. It would be pretty crazy to use a high pick on a player who the Titans don't even need.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

haha no

6. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Not needed.

7. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Stop being a homer....

Ringer:
    Attempts: 843 Yards: 4398 Avg: 5.4 TDs: 34 Games: 44

Ingram:
    Attempts: 572 Yards: 3289 Avg: 5.75 TDs: 42 Games: 39

Pretty similar, don't pull that Ingram had a better average because he had a better line, and he had a considerably smaller amount of carries.

Also if you look at their most productive seasons:

Ringer:
    Attempts: 245 Yards: 1447 Avg: 5.9 TDs: 6 Games: 12

Ingram:
    Attempts: 271 Yards: 1,658 Avg: 6.1 TDs: 17 Games: 14

Also Ringer had 22 TD's his last season in MSU, the other seasons he split carries a lot, yet was still comparable in TD's to Ingram.

8. Architect

Architect Pain Train

I don't think its a good move to go into the draft looking to draft for need. I think you should always take the best player available. It was a good move for Carolina to take another RB when they already had Williams, Colts to draft Wayne when they already had Harrison, Rams had Isaac Bruce and Tory Holt, Cards w Boldin and Fitz, and the list goes on.

I think drafting the BPA keeps ur team from being seriously hurt if a key player misses time due to injury

9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Really hasn't worked out too well for them.

12-4, one and done in playoffs.
    8-8
    2-14

That's been Jonathan Stewart's career with Carolina.

10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Wait Stewart is responsible for how bad Delhomme/Clausen are. That's news to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar