RB Harper

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Clark, Dec 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sonic28

Sonic28 Starter

I'm excited to see him get some touches. Lets see if this is the guy to pair with CJ to bring Smash n Dash back.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I love the "Smash & Dash" idea, but Harper isn't a power back. But neither was LenDale. Sure, they're big bodied RB's, but they'd both prefer to shake-n-bake their way around defenders. The "Smash" came from LenDale bowling over guys at the goal-line, go watch him in open space, he was quite shifty for such a load. To me Harper is basically LenDale White 2.0, which I really like.

Sam Gado ran harder than both White and Harper. Just sucked overall.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hopefully, he's learned the blocking assignments and can get in on a couple of series.

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

exactly.

Although CJ nearly got Locker decapitated last week, well CJ and Scott. OK mostly Scott. Did I ever tell anyone I think Scott sucks?

anyways Porter came clean and there is no logical way too blame Scott other than the fact the he was on the field meant the Saints had an 11 to 10 advantage and they used Porter as that free guy - you suck Scott

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I tried to start a thread about this but it got merged into some gameday thread. :irked:

Yes, I am still holding a grudge.

6. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Aww man, I really miss seeing ole Lendale in Titan blue. We had some great times together, remember how funny he was?... I love you my shifty brown chicken chunk.

7. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I hope Harper is what everybody expects. Time for him to play over Ringer anyway. But our O-line is and has been the biggest problem with the run game. Both guards and the C play is bad on run plays. Our line has excellent tackles but we are not very good threw the middle. Need to block lower and pull and drive like Houston does but we do not we zone block. As bad as CJ has played at times this year how many yards does he have behind the texans o-line? Lots more

8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Have you ever considered that Ringer is a lousy RB? That's why he never gets much of a shot? In games when we're destroying the other teams run D, Ringer has a lousy game? I'm sure it's just a big conspiracy not to expose CJ for being a terrible back though. That makes great sense.

9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

without a doubt Ringer has underwhelmed of late.

anyways Harper should get some touches lets hope he makes the most of them

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Definitely. He looked decent at times in the preseason. I just feel like the Titans need a hard hitting, tough running back to compliment CJ. A guy that changes defenses mindset a little. Like Brandon Jacobs or someone of that type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar