RB Greene at least another week away

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Titans running back Shonn Greene didn’t have Sunday’s game circled on his calendar, though it would’ve understandable considering he played from 2009-2012 with the Jets.

“I mark them all down on my calendar,’’ he said.

Greene just wants to play, but he’ll have to remain patient. He missed Sunday’s game against the Chargers after having arthroscopic knee surgery last week, and he won’t play this Sunday against New York either. It will be Greene’s third missed game after being injured in the season opener against the Steelers.

Titans coach Mike Munchak said he hopes Greene will be able to play on Oct. 6 vs. the Chiefs.

“Not being able to play against my old team, it’s disappointing,’’ he said. “But just to be out there with my teammates after working hard and going through camp. It is kind of tough.”

Share on Facebook

Posted In: Team News, Training Camp

Source: Titans Insider
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

I hope he's back vs KC, that defense seems legit. 11 points given up per game? Thats really good.
  3. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

I'm thinking its probably wise to wait another week especially against a very physical defense like the Jets.Jake is going to have to throw it some this week because that defense is going to be tough against the run.
  4. JCBRAVE

CJ averages 88 YPG vs the Jets.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

It's essentially the same defense from last year (plus the addition of Dunta Robinson and maybe someone else I'm not thinking of).

The difference is their offense under Reid and actually having a capable QB for once.

But yes... it's very legit, and I'm sad I picked it up only as a week-to-week defense in FF. It's an every week start in FF. And this week, they play the Giants who turn the ball over just about every possession.
  6. JCBRAVE

Speaking of the Giants, i think they could beat our 472 on the year, theyre on track to give up nearly 600 points.
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

And this week you play them!
  8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Yea... and you'll be playing Indy's defense (against the Jags).
  9. mike75

mike75 Starter Tip Jar Donor

Look forward to Greene coming back.Run Greene and C.J. and wear down defenses.
  10. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Gabbert is 2-1 against Indy.....
    • High Five High Five x 1