RB carry distribution

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Good point. But I guess I'm not over concerned with the long-term usage of Murray because I don't think he's going to be here past two years.

But you're right, we could see effects this season and that wouldn't be good.

2. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

If it was me I woulda @'d tj. Maybe that's why he respects my crazyness

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Wingman

Wingman Starter

We have the rb tandem in the game, although Atlanta may be close with freeman and Coleman. Murray deserves the tote the load, but it's a long race. I wouldn't mind seeing him get rested a bit in garbage time.

4. ceeder

ceeder Starter

I don't have a problem riding the hot hand and giving DM a majority of the carries, even though I'm a big King Henry fan and am convinced he's our longterm RB. Murray probably gets 2 seasons here.

We're not really a team in a position to rest guys for playoffs/big games or worry about them getting fatigued/hurt. We have a winnable schedule over the next month, we have the second best RB in the league right now, and he's on fire; easy path forward for me.

5. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Exactly. Some people like accolades. Nothing wrong with that.

6. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Exactly....D. Murray is the horse now...D. Henry needs to a "few" more carries to begin to get more comfortable.....I would like to see about a 2/3 of the carries going to D. Murray...

7. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Not really. The Fins were loading up because they knew we were trying to run out the clock. Murray even lost yards a few times, but they had to respect him coming out of the backfield. Henry would never have had a chance to get going they way they were stacked up. Not the place to use him Fowler maybe.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

get outta town with henry cant get going

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. GrayGhost1951

GrayGhost1951 Starter

Don't you watch? With those long legs he can't make jump cuts or even quick moves like Murray, but once he clears the LOS he's really good. Two different styles. His isn't suited for 8 men in the box. You really should know this.

• Boring Boring x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar