Ray Rice , Steve Slaton ?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Puck, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Is not a big play threat...Might run too physical for his own good...Durability is a concern..Upside could be limited.

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Meaningless..

Set a school record for carries in 2006 season. Missed one game in 2 years..

Thanks puck for the verbatim nfl draft countdown scoop.

3. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I dunno, he just doesnt "impress" like the other RB's seem to. Dont be so touchy Roll, criticism is a good thing!

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Alot of people are comparing Ray Rice to Maurice Jones-Drew, but to me he plays alot more like Travis Henry (minus he marijuana).

5. ConVinced10

ConVinced10 Guest

what ever happend to Jamaal Charles of Texas
    considering the titans are the new longhorns...
    what are the chances of us looking at him??

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

He doesn't impress is relative IMO. If we are looking at grabbing some depth at RB in the 4th round Choice might be a nice pickup. I would expect Slaton to be floating around in the 4th round as well and it wouldn't surprise me if Choice was drafted ahead of Slayton.

If you want a more "impressive" RB like Rice we might have to trade up in the 2nd round just to have a shot at him.

IMO we should NOT go RB in the 1st round and that is coming from a guy who loves Chris Johnson. Even if Stewart is there I wouldn't neccesarily go RB. Wait until our 2nd round pick. Either Johnson, Charles, Rice or Smith will be available. Take the best value. All are better than CHenry.

7. maximus

maximus Starter

How much does Smith have in the tank. He carried the UCF team. You don't run for 400 times in a year and not lose a little gas in the tank.
    I think Smith might have to much mileage on him

However, I would like to get my hands on either of the three (Rice, Slaton, or Smith)

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Maximus, my comments were about tashard choice.

Personally i don't care who is impressed with whom. This is the nfl where reggie bush is no more productive on a per carry basis and no more likely to break off a long run than lendale white. Making long spectacular runs in college don't mean squat. Being solidly productive for 2 straight years in a major conference does matter.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Well, Personally, I just dont think Choice is in the same class as Rice. He might be good 4th or 5th round value, but IMO we need to add some playmakers. We have a RB who can get 3-4 yards per carry and not break the big one. We need that threat. I know we made it to the playoffs with Lendale. But we are a running team first and foremost, and having a good stable of RB's is not a bad idea. This year is loaded with potential filled RB's and I hope we grab one. Rice, Johnson, Smith, Stewert, Jones....any one of those and I will be satisfied.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

no it isn't
    the FO is looking for a guy to make gains
    they've got their grinder
    again, not the guy we're looking for
    whatever, I don't know much about him not seeing many GT games

it's not that I'm knocking the guy
    but the FO is not looking for a 300 carry back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar