Ray Lewis?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

He went through the legal system of this country, so he paid the debt society said he owed. You may have a problem with this countries legal system, but it's the only one we have.

And Ray is neither a murderer or child rapist. He has appeared over the past 7 years to have been rehabilitated from his thuggist past, and is giving back to society in a positive way.

2. I realize that the legal system can never be perfect. I'm just saying that based on the facts presented, it's clear that he was involved even if they can't prove his legal guilt beyond a shadow of a doubt. Officially guilty or not, he did it.

I think anyone who actually saw the facts involved in this case and still believe that he wasn't directly involved in the 2 murders is either stupid, naive, or extremely biassed. And I challenge anyone to show even a shred evidence that suggests he wasn't involved.

He's scum and I wouldn't want him anywhere near the team that I root for.

3. Hoffa

There were no facts presented that even remotely suggested Ray did the killing. Are you saying Ray did the killing? What facts clearly suggest that?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/19/06/04/lewis_agreement/

Again, I agree what Ray did do back then was despicable, and I would not want him as a Titan either.
    However, he has shown over the past 7 years that what happened then was an abberation by living as a good example. What else can he do?

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

What happened to his buddies? Were they found guilty?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

I'm sorry SK, but you haven't exactly provided any proof to backup your claim that Lewis was "unofficially" guilty. I would like to see it though, so I challenge you to provide it.

And calling people dumb just because they have a different opinion than yours is a poor way of justifying your own opinion.

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I guess I'm just naive then. Starkiller is not the type to call people stupid. I don't see that coming from him in this thread. I'm just not convinced that Ray Lewis would hurt this team. In light of all the SB 34 incident talk, I'm inclined to think that is in the past and that Lewis is the Lewis I have seen these past seasons...Which, IMHO, is a champion and a leader.

7. Hoffa

They were both found not guilty. The prosecution didn't provide enough evidence to convict.

Ray reached a settlement of 1 million dollars with the victims families to avoid a civil suit.

8. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

Probably the only statement columnist Joe Biddle has made that I might agree with.........
    "Did Ray Lewis kill the guy? NO! Does he know more than he is telling? Probably! If I was standing in a dark alley outside a night club and he and two of his buddies got out of a car, would I run? ABSOLUTELY!"

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Anyone with as much money as Ray Lewis that was caught up in something like that would be foolish not to reach a settlement to avoid civil suites. Civil suites don't get flung on poor people... people see that they may be able to get a piece of Ray Lewis so... you see what I'm saying? I'd give them money just to leave me the hell alone regardless of guilt or innocence.

10. Hoffa

Ray got into that trouble because he had his "possee" with him back then. He traveled with an entourage of his friends, some who were thugs. Since then he has cut down on who he calls friends and hangs out with. A lesson that hopefully Pacman will learn without being involved in a similar situation Ray found himself in that night.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar