Ray Lewis?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Vigsted, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

I think the results of drug tests are private in the NFL until a predetermined number of failures occurs (like 3 maybe?). So he very well could have failed a drug test already and we wouldn't know about it...

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Heck, I'd like to see a rift. One like the old Buddy Ryan and Kevin Gilbride days. That was the most fun ever. A wacked out Defense and a wacked out offense. Both on the edge. Both utterly disdainful of the other. That's what I call entertainment. This team needs to live on the edge. They need to lay it on the line. The Titans Defense has always been at it's best when it plays with fire. Let the madness begin.

3. He wasn't just involved in a murder investigation, he was involved with a murder.

If you had followed the trial as it unfolded, you would know literally got away with murder...

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

In all fairness to Ray, since the infamous incident 7 years ago, he has been a model citizen. Anytime you hear him speak, he does not come across as a thug, but as a man of faith.

What he did 7 years ago was despicable, but his behavior since has been exemplary. No one should be judged forever by their worst moment.

5. We're supposed to give him a break because he hasn't killed anyone else (that we know of) in the last few years?

6. Hoffa

No, but he hasn't so much as J-walked since then.

7. That doesn't make me want him on my team any more...

8. Hoffa

I wouldn't want Ray as a Titan either. I'm just saying he has proven himself to be a decent person over the past 7 years, not the thug he appeared to be back then. Time to cut him some slack.

Liberals believe in rehabilitation.

9. Depends on the situation. I have a lot more faith in the ability to rehab a petty thief than I do a murderer or child rapist. It all depends on the crime.

Plus, it's not like he served his time and has paid his debt to society. He walked away virtually untouched. He paid off the families of the victims. That doesn't qualify as having paid for his crimes in my book.

10. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Im going admit Im not an expert on the case and didnt really keep up with the trial at the time, but everything I am reading makes it sound like there was a pretty big doubt that lewis was involved with the murders. Maybe he tried to protect his friends, which is a terrible thing, but he did plea bargain and ended up rolling over on them. So if he wasnt involved, and he helped testify against those involved then I dont have that big an issue with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar