Raw deal?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oldoilerfan, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Titans need to cut bait and move on.....

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

thank you captain vague....

4. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Cut, Fire, Release

Cut, Fire, Release Jeff Fisher or Cut, Fire, Release VY. This season makes no sense. Since Kerry is a journeyman QB, he should have been benched two weeks ago. Sometimes a QB change is necessary to re-ignite your team.

It was obviously to me that offensive play calling was more about protecting Kerry (and Fisher) and not exposing his (their) weaknesses. I don't understand how a 13-3 team last year, looks so inept this year. Maybe defenses figured out how to beat Chris Johnson, just how they figured out how to beat VY is sophomore year. Can you say Lack of Imagination Jeff?

On the contrary, if VY is to fragile to play in the NFL, why not play him and expose him. He was obviously not Jeff's pick in 2006. Maybe Jeff should be applauded for NOT doing this. :ha:

5. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

I'd like to add, the offensive play calling has been just that...offensive, and pathetic. Heimerdumb*ss has NO CLUE what he's doing.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

high five just for the Heimerdumb@ss remark haha.

CJ beats himself half the time with his backtracking. Not every play can be a 20 yard run, Chris.

7. oldoilerfan

oldoilerfan Camp Fodder

Maybe CJ feels he's the only option for success. Or maybe he knows 3rd and short doesn't bode well for KC and the Titans, so what does a 3 or 5 yard gain do for us.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I understand why he feels that way, because he is, but 2nd or 3rd and 12 doesn't bode well either when he loses yards so often.

I don't know if they're trying to devalue Lendale or if they don't think he's good enough, or what. He gets nothing but mop up time, and we need somebody we can turn to on 3rd and 1. Passing, ineffectively, on 3rd and 1 is proof positive that the Titans have lost their offensive identity.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We would do better running LW three times than what we are doing now and that isn't a bash on Collins or CJ. It is a bash on the stupid OC and his girl friend JF. Pitiful.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Well, look at the OL play. We are wildy inconsistent in blocking on the OL. Even Roos missed blocks. With so many missed or poor blocks and our new 'talent' at WR, I'm not surprised Dinger has chosen to throw it for a first. However, Collins is hurting us by almost always looking for Gage on 3rd down and both the Jets and Colts doubled him a few times on 3rd. Collins had other people open but didn't read the play, just decided where he was gonna go. Does this have something to do with him not trusting his protection or the other players with all the drops?

This is a mess, but they have gotten away from their offensive philosophy and Collins is not built for what they are trying to do...max protect and complete 50 yd bombs. I think CJ has both fallen in love with his own ability to break 90 yd runs and has also stopped trusting the OL. That's a bad mix. Add in all the drops at WR, bad playcalling (Collins needs a short controlled passing game to keep chains moving), bad decision making by Collins (stop throwing the ball 40 yards down field on a 3rd and 1 or 4th down)!

And we keep finding new ways to mess things up. Um, Ahmard Hall...please stand up.

It's a mess!

Gut

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar