Ravens waiting for Mac???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Riverman...

Thank you.

Our 2 best WR(bennett and jones) missed 9 games between them and calico provided us with no help at all. We probably entered 10 games last year with the worst WR in the league.

Yet somehow mcnair is to blame and he didn't even play that bad. His passing rating was rather typical for him. 2003 was not a typical year and 2004 obviously was not either. Compare mcnair's passing numbers to what he did in 98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002. It's the same. Was he old then?

2005 remined me a lot of 1998 when mcnair didn't have good WRs at all and wycheck had his best season. Wycheck and harris combined for 113 catches that year and the oilers didn't even have one WR who caught 40. Mcnair's passing rating then was 80 and i don't think anyone was arguing that he was past his prime. At least in 98 we had a more consistent running game.

Mcnair was actually outstanding in distributing the ball and using his receivers the best he could.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Tide, I, like most people have a selective memory.
    Do you remember even once asking yourself after watching a McNair incompletion, "what the hell was that?"...
    I hope you are right but right now I'm wondering if McNair is really all there.
    I hate being like that... two years is a long time...9-23...that's alot of losses. You were right about McNair going to the Pro Bowl... It's not like I think you are full of crap... seeing is believing... What have we really seen? Why must we draw inferences? Whatever happened to winning?

Think Tennessee at Cleveland...:sad2:

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Where was Kenny (RollTide) when the Bench McNair threads were all around?

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Gunny, did you know RollTide and Mr. E are the same person? :brow:

5. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Actually Roll, if you want to Bark, go ahead and do the math and you'll find that PASSES MCNAIR DISTRIBUTED go something like this:

Bennett - 53
    Kinney - 50
    Troupe - 41
    Scaife - 33
    CBrown - 25
    Brandon Jones - 21
    Roby - 17
    Williams - 16
    Calico - 16
    Henry - 9
    Fleming - 9
    Payton - 2

So what this shows me is that we had only 2 recievers crack 20 receptions, but a combination of 4 TE/Rbs do it.:hmm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar