Ravens waiting for Mac???

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by nigel, Mar 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Just mild strangulation then? :ha:

2. Wow... that would be a disaster. The McNair to Mason looked great in blue and white, but in PURPLE? NO WAY!

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

10 million is a lot of FA money to work with. Can help you get a guy like Ty Law to add to the other signings. We already have Volek as a backup if the rookie flounders some. Leinart is basically ready and Cutler could be in a short time as well. Cutting Mac is tempting.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

10 mil in FA spending money is tempting....

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

for who though?

Weight up McNair vs. a bunch of scrubs who may not amount more to nothing but back-ups.

another thought is to way up - McNair vs Ty Law.

6. metal957

metal957 Starter

He will be here this year. PERIOD!!!

7. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Cutting McNair would be our dumbest move of all time. Are you guys serious ??? You think that Leinart or Cutler (wtf) are ready to start in the NFL ??? Why, because they did well in college ??? Do I really need to give you a list of the numerous qb's that have failed despite great college success ? Or there is the citing of the stat that says a year on the bench does a rookie good... Or there is the fact that 50 percent of top qb's turn out to be total busts... There is Volek's injury history, our new team that could compete for the playoffs ONLY WITH McNair starting, and him being the face of our franchise for the last decade...

How could you possibly think that we are better off with 10 million cap dollars than having McNair on the field ?

8. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Even though I started a thread that explored the possibility of going on without McNair... I'm not really in favor of cutting the guy. We would have no shot at winning. Or would we? How about Ben Roethlisberger? He won 15 regular season games as a rookie... oh, I know... he had a great team around him... well, what would 10 million in extra cap room help establish? Hey, even Peyton Manning played as a rookie. He didn't win squat but as I understand it he still had decent numbers. They just lost ALOT of games... What if we could make our defense one you could not run on again? That opens the door for a Matt Leinart or Jay Cutler to step in and light it up. We won't have to score a whole awful lot if we give up 17 or less a game...
    http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/clt1998.htm
    seems the 1998 Colts were dangerous passers... could not defend the run...
    could not run on other teams...that's why they went 3-13... Doesn't look as if it was Peyton. I feel sick now.:sad2:

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Steve will play here for at least 2 years...

And he will be a top nfl QB again. He is healthier, in better shape and this year he will have the weapons. He just turned 33. Trent green had 3 straight 4000 yard seasons at ages 33, 34, 35. Mcnair can still be a quality QB. We can draft a guy that might be worth a darn but we already have a guy who is worth a darn.

Stop talking about steve like he is dead!

And no way he will play for that evil bunch of turd birds! No way!

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

SEC bipolar....

You do understand that only one out of every 100 QBs will do what rothlisberger has done. You understand that right?

If we have steve mcnair as our QB next year we make the playoffs. If we have some rookie we don't win 8 games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar