Ravens Pollard: NFL will become extinct

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Watch the last part of this where Kurt Warner speaks. It sounds a whole of a lot better to someone who likes the game as it was 4 years ago before Goodell implemented his changes..

[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d828ef3d8/Kurt-Warner-responds-to-criticism"]NFL Videos: Kurt Warner responds to criticism[/ame]

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You completely missed Warner's point.

Warner thinks the game is too violent right now and says that he wouldn't want his kids to play because the risk of concussions is too great. A direct quote: "How can we try to eliminate those concerns?" Answer: rule changes.

We can infer that Warner would be completely in favor of recent rule changes under the Goodell regime aimed to reduce concussions (harsher penalties for headshots, reduced kickoffs, etc.).

Frankly, I don't see how anyone could be against those rules. The players are safer and the on-field product is more exciting than ever. Win-win.

I swear people just find it fun to hate people in positions of authority. It's cool to dislike Roger Goodell.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm all for safer equipment, but kickoffs are a fundamental part of the game. I am not happy about the change as is.

I would assume that TorontoTitan agrees with Belicheat and let's eliminate kickoffs entirely from the game?

4. JCBRAVE

You have no idea what I know, don't tell me I missed the point. I know exactly what Warner said, otherwise I wouldn't post the clip.

The point you completely missed is that I'm more behind Warner, than I am Goodell. Change is going to happen. Leather helmets to plastic shells, we get it, changes have to happen to preserve the game we love, but don't change the game, change the equipment. Make it so we can have football as football and not Tiddlywinks.

The next time I see Tom Brady get up after being pushed and try influencing a ref, I'm going to launch a beer bottle right for his head. He's been allowed to do that because of the changes Goodell is making.

If Warner doesn't want his kids playing football, okay fine, that's his right. But at least he knows football isn't for them. Guess what, football isn't for Roger Goodell, let the man make basketball or baseball better with his flag football mentality.

5. TorontoTitanFan

I don't recall saying anything that would lead to that assumption.

The only point I have argued in this thread is that Roger Goodell deserves credit for the immense success of the NFL and he is not, in fact, "ruining the game."

As for the kickoffs thing, I am actually kinda ambivalent. I like them and would prefer to see them stay, but I don't consider them a truly crucial part of the game. If the evidence suggests that eliminating kickoffs would prevent a significant number of injuries, I guess I could accept that they need to go.

The game evolves over time. Evolution doesn't ruin it. People were making these same complaints about the forward pass and changes to the rules regarding contact on receivers. Neither of those rule changes ruined anything and they were both 10x more significant than moving kickoffs by 5 yards.

People also cry and whine every time Facebook gets a redesign. People tend to prefer the status quo and fear change.

6. TorontoTitanFan

Then please explain why you posted a clip in which Kurt Warner argues the exact opposite point that you have been trying to argue in this thread.

And explain why you think Warner prefers the old NFL rules, when the words he's saying suggest the exact opposite.

Maybe it's me who missed your point.

7. JCBRAVE

Hey TorontoTitanFan,

Do Canadian football fans know what "keep your head on a swivel" means?

Also stop giving Goodell credit for the NFL's success. It's the players, coaches, owners, and fans who make the NFL, not Goodell. He just gets to sit on the side and watch.

And did you just chose to look past the whole 2nd half of my post?

8. TorontoTitanFan

You edited your post to add that part. I'll go read it now. But don't act like I am purposely ignoring what you're writing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

Ok, sorry for having another thought .02 seconds after clicking submit.

10. TorontoTitanFan

Hey, I edit posts, too (usually for spelling). I have no problem with that. Just don't accuse me of ignoring your argument when it was impossible for me to have read it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar