Ravens O will not cut it in playoffs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

McNair was terrible tonight..........dumpoffs all night and not too accurate

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

all they have to do is score more than the other team.

3. SupDawg

SupDawg Guest

I'm still happy we parted ways with Mac this offseason. I wish it were handled better, but he's not worth his paycheck anymore. Obviously, he wasn't helping us win games last two years. Instead of him being part of the solution, everyone acts like he was rescued from a abysmal place. He was part of the problem here IMO...

I still love him for what he did for a 5 year window.

4. Snookus

Snookus YA DIGGGG

Preposterous!

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

How is that different than the last 3 years? That's why he plays for the Ravens and we have Young. Thank goodness he didn't stick around to mentor him.

6. mcmojo

mcmojo Starter

Get off of McNair's back! He has led his new team to a 9-3 record. They are first in their division and will most likely make the playoffs.

I'm sorry if I sound defensive, but I just get tired of all this McNair bashing that goes on around here. A previous post made the statement that McNair has been terrible for the last three years. Did you just sleep during the entire 2003 season when he won the MVP? Yeah, you are right. That was a terrible year.

He is not as good as he once was, but he is still a good leader, and he doesn't make many mistakes. And to call the game he had last night "terrible" is just dumb. Look at his stats:

26/43 for 227 yards and 1 touchdown. Thats over 60% completion percentage. He completed passes to 8 different receivers. He ran for 27 yards.

Those are not great stats, but they are also not "terrible".

I'm too frustrated to keep writing. He was great when he was a Titan, and it was sad to see him go, even though it was the best decision for both sides.

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

They played like chickens -- Billick had no nads in his playcalling. You could tell the Bengals were in their heads. One deep pass at the end of the game? That's weak sauce. Won't cut it anywhere.

8. Mcnair shoulda been picked off by Joseph more than 3 times, he got lucky...

9. Pit Bull #53

Pit Bull #53 Guest

I'd agree with you, if games were played on a stat sheet. Fortunately they're not. Anyone who watched that game last night knows he did not play well. He wasted timeouts due to the playclock running out, and took about 2-3 delay of game penalties. I bet there was 1 pass play the whole night that involved the ball traveling at least 15 yards in the air, and it was the desperation throw at the end of the game that Tory James fell down on. Even at the end of the game, in the hurry up offense, they were checking down and throwing 5 yard swing passes to the running backs. He got baited by a rookie corner on numerous throws, about 3 of which hit Joseph in the hands. I like Mac, but this is not "bashing" him. It's the truth.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Well analyzed, and dead on. It was like watching the "old" Titans last night, and I am so thankful we have Vince now. Everytime McNair checked down and threw a 5 yard pass needing 12 for a first down I just laughed. He pads his stats, but doesn't accomplish much. Yes, he ran for 27, but he should have run for 31 and gotten those extra 4 yards for a first down when the team needed it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar