Rating the pass defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TM, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

one thing to learn is that if a thread is 3 or more pages long, 99% of the time it has gone completely off-topic.

And if that happens, blame the guy who doesn't speak english.

2. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

ha... which guy is that?

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

T-Bor. :brow: (simpsons reference)

4. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

especially if the last poster is Gunny or SEC 330 BIPOLAR...

we are kind of the mop up duty on the board. You know... we just won't let a good thread die... oh yeah... and if there is nothing going on we'll bump a months old thread... Posts have been really light these past few days... I think everyone is turned off by the McNair thing... I am starting to think that maybe there will be a change to deal McNair... I thought there was zero chance of that last week. Now I see a little bit of light there... however... I'm not sold...

Meanwhile our pass defense is total weak sauce until it proves other wise.

Maybe it is best to judge the pass defense by the pass rush... meaning if you compare the pass defense to the pass rush... We are getting way better penetration up front then we are coverage in the secondary. "Hope"fully, this will remedy itself. Until I see results... I know we have the talent now. If it doesn't gel... Swartzie???

5. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Popular practice here. Especially when discussing DB play.

:drool:

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Gut, I would appreciate it next time if you would address my quote and the intent of what I wrote rather than taking what I said out of context and arguing someone else's point.

The context of my quote had nothing to do with home field advantage and had everything to do with becoming a Titan fan.

As far as what game Fisher was outcoached. I would say about everyone except for the games against the Texans, Ravens or 49ers last year. I would ask you to give evidence of games where Fisher's brilliance actually turned the tide of a game we should have lost because of a disparity in talent level but won because of coaching? I will admit the playoff run in 99 had some decently coached games against Indy and the Jags. If not for the Music City Miracle we wouldn't of even played in those games as the Bills outplayed us despite having both starting OTs injured and out of the game. Except for one play that game was a real Fisher gem.

7. Blazing Arrow

Blazing Arrow The 12th man

It's always T-bors fault.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Stupidity can't be helped....

Based on gut's logic vince lombardi would not be considered a better coach than jeff fisher. After all he had 11 hall of fame players including a hall of fame qB. What would you expect? Lombardi had nothing to do with why those 11 men are hall of famers. Lombardi was "blessed" with all those hall of famers. Nothing he accomplished was special.
    That's how moronic this line of thinking has been.

Anyone who doesn't think mike shanahan doesn't deserve a higher rating then jeff fisher is lobotomized. Absolutely certifiable babbling brain dead! Shanahan's accomplishments make a case for considering him the best coach in the whole league. He won 2 titles with john elway when elway was 37 and 38 years old. But somehow those accomplishments are not so grand? Give me a break. Not only has shanahan won with elway but with other QBs. He took a turd of a qB in plummer and actually made him pretty good. The broncos have been to the playoffs 3 straight years with plummer! Brian griese went to the pro bowl under mike shanahan! What the hell more do you want?

Look at gut's comments about joe gibbs to see how poorly informed he is. According to gut the redskins under gibbs have "struggled mightily". Is a 10-6 record and a playoff win struggling mightily? Still what accomplishments gibbs has had is not his it is his defensive coordinator. Notice how the geriatric gibbs snaps up williams to be his DC while the young dynamic fisher holds on to his imbecelic DC? Tell me who is the better coach. Gut praised parcells for hiring great coordinators while admiting earlier that 2 of fisher's three top guys are subpar boobs.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Having homer glasses so dark you have lost any sense of reality to the point you write page after page of non-sense is alot harder to stomach than the very humourous rant by RT.

Fisher is not more than an average coach. Period. Its funny how you always have an excuse for coaches that are more successful (they had alot of talent) and big excuses for the Fish (poor guy) but the bottom line is Fisher is no better than Mike Sherman IMO.

Fisher is such a great coach he has been able to put together only 4 seasons above 500 out of 11! 4 out of 11. He is coming off two seasons where we sucked so bad we had the honor of picking #6 and #3 in the draft. If Fisher was coaching in GB he would be looking for a new team right now. I would say if Fisher doesn't break the 500 record this year we should consider looking for a guy who can really be a difference maker as a coach.

By the way if Shanahan was willing to come to Tennessee as HC it would take me about .5 seconds to tell Fisher to not let the door hit him on the way out if I was Reese and Adams. Trying to put Fisher in Shanahan's category is ridiculous. The way the team quit last year was the worst display of loosing control of a team and poor coaching I have ever seen. The way Pacboy was handled was pitiful as well. I'm sure Mason and Roll are filling Mac in on how much better the coaching situation is in Baltimore and how Buttlick would never stand for that kind behavior on their team.

10. I think anything worse than 7-9 or 6-10, we should consider looking for a coach that can make this team a play-off contender again.

Don't expect us to have a winning season this year!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar