Rating the pass defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TM, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

low tide

What's sad is your inability to answer a simple question. I'll repeat it here so you can take a second shot at it...

Your reason for Dungy being better is 8 playoffs in 9 years...something Lombardi hasn't done either. So he's either better than Fisher and Lombardi based on that, or he's not because Lombardi and Fisher have done more when you take ALL the criteria into account. Which is it?

As for your latest spin attempt...amusing.

Yes, Matthews is one of the greatest OL players and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer, but in '99 and 2000, he was way past his prime. And there is a very big difference in having one old Hall of Fame O-lineman vs having a Hall of Fame QB in his prime AND perhaps the best RB in the league. 10 'near' Hall of Famers? What's that? A guy you think is good but know he's not gonna be going to the Hall? Nice try. It's not like GB's other players all stunk!

Your spun point is that Fisher had a very good team and he did well with it. But Sherman had a better team and did much less. Dungy has had 5 better teams than those 2 that Fisher had and he hasn't sniffed the Super Bowl...even with a Hall of Fame QB, Hall of Fame WR, a pro bowl WR on the other side (IMO), and one of the best RB's in the league. They also have a likely hall of famer in his prime at RDE. And yet you say he's better than Fisher???

Amusing!

Gut

2. TitanGuy

TitanGuy Hey, Mama Rock Me...

[​IMG][/QUOTE
    Task #1 for our defense is to stop stop these guys

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

HIT GAYTON P-man EVERY PLAY

the dolts will just get 15 the next play anyways so go ahead and take that extra step, the ref just might let ya play football instead of pitch-n-catch

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Mathews past his prime in 99 and 2000...?

He made the pro bowl both years.

Yeah he probably wasn't as good at 38 as he was at 28. So? Does that make jeff fisher a better coach? Does that mean that team was not talented? Dumb!

Your question you demand to be answered is idiotic. There are numerous things lombardi did that dungy did not icluding winning 5 championships. What in the hell is wrong with your thinking? You wasted 4 posts on this crap.

What you are claiming, dishonestly, is that i have one simple formula for determinging how to compare coaches when that has not been the case at all. You are the one using simple formula's the problem is that you have a different one for each coach.

In this age of the salary cap tony dungy has brought 8 straight teams to the playoffs. Anyone who doesn't think he is an outstanding coach is a moron.

And no sherman did not have a better team either. The 2 12-4 packer teams in 2001 and 2002 had a total of 9 pro bowl appearences(3 and 6). The 99&2000 titans had 12 pro bowls(4 & 8). The 2000 titans had 8 players make the pro bowl and they were not talented? And steve mcnair wasn't one of them. :sad2: :sad2:

5. Slipjack

Slipjack Guest

Stats are like a cheap date.... You can get them to do anything you want!

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Gut....

This is pretty much it for me and this debate. We happen to disagree so what? We both made good points and i respect your opinion. Where else can we go?

You are a cool guy and i have always digged that avatar. The little black dude eating beans out of a can? That's what that is right? Funny...

Maybe a couple of years from now there won't be a debate about fisher because he will winning a super bowl. With the help of vince young of course.:greedy:

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Beans?

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

think Roll needs his eyes checked.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Well?

What the hell is it that the little dude is eating? I asked my wife and she gave me several possible answers. Popcorn, cookies and french fries.

Maybe we should start a whole thread on the issue. What food is gut's little dude eating?

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You'd find the majority would say Potato Chips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar