Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitansWrath, Apr 28, 2012.
B With a chance to be an A if some of the late prospects pan out.
I'm pretty happy with it, it's a B for me at draft time. Doubt it'll end up being an A after enough time though. The late rounders can be very good, I can't see our first 2 picks being pro-bowlers though, so to me that puts the cap at a B.
I'll grade it next year...or a year from then...
The only thing that saved them from an D - or F was Wright and Martin.
K. Wright is no doubt a great WR but they should of waited and tried to get him with a 2nd.
Mike Martin shows he can be a dominate run stuffer but the "experts" say he lacks any pass rush ability and gets lost in space making him a 2 down DT. We got him in the 3rd and thats about where he should of been, we could of probably got him in the 4th round.
Brown/Thompson/Mk. Martin/Sensabaugh where all reaches and project take ons
Gotta go with a D. I never understood drafting potential, potentially they could all be great and this draft gets an A. Potentially they could all be bad and it gets an F. That's the problem with drafting potential. Too much risk. Like our 3rd pick, don't see it anywhere else. Hopefully they all pan out. Time will tell.
Sorry, but just a horrible draft in my eyes. Much like the whole off season so far. Need a big recovery when the June cuts occur. Draft F....Webster F
Take out #1 and #3 , and the rest are pure head scratchers...I hope for the best, but this has been disappointing.
This will be my only post in this thread until everything calms down.
1. Filled a need with Britt having question marks. Wright was my 2nd rated receiver behind Floyd. I think we may have had a better impact with Decastro. B-
2. Did not like the pick at first. We do not have an immediate need at linebacker and he does have question marks. However, he is very athletic and excels in coverage. I think the criticism of him not being a good tackler is unjust because he seems to have alot of tackles. C
3. SOLID pick, makes me think of Klug in Casey's body. Love everything about the pick. A
4. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders and is willing to work for his spot, but I doubt he sees the field much next year with Hawkins and Campbell. I think we will also bring in a vet. D+
5. My first real WTF?! I am intrigued by how athletic this guy is and the potential he can give us on offense. However, I am very upset that we skipped on a center and a defensive end on what I consider a luxury pick. D
6. Seems like a run of the mill safety that will probably fill a role similar to what Fuller did for awhile. Not a bad pick because it was a need, maybe can unseat Griffin. B
7. Seems to have good fundamentals, but not very good athletic ability. I would rather go after an ATH here, and get better ends earlier in the draft. Can't really grade this player yet.
I give the draft as a whole, a C+. We hit some needs that are over looked and have been eating at us for years, I am just concerned how quickly they will contribute.
stopped reading after that. It's a fact that the Browns were going to take him at 22. He was selected right where he should have been.
overall draft grade.......
I am really happy with this draft. The talk was that we were happy at WR, and that left me feeling uneasy about our offense. We definitely needed another piece on the outside and Kendall fills that need. The speedy LB is nice, given Witherspoon is so long in the tooth. While the Baylor wr is my favorite pick, my second favorite is the third rounder. The run defense is the elephant in the room for us, given it was a top priority for Gray and that we were so lacking in the department. Martin and Casey should be able to plug the hole fairly well. Even later in the draft, I am a homer for Sensabaugh given I am from Kingsport.....and the DE who may be a TE is quite interesting. I thought the safety in the sixth should have went much higher.....Im just downright impressed with this draft. I think it is one of the better ones from top to bottom we have had in a while. I give it an A minus.
Separate names with a comma.