Rate My FF Team!

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by xpmar9x, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Hey guys, just had my $100 league fantasy football draft. It's a 12 team league FYI. Just finished up the draft, here's my team:

QB: Peyton Manning
    QB: Josh Freeman
    RB: Chris Johnson
    RB: Steven Jackson
    RB/WR: Felix Jones
    WR: Brandon Marshall
    WR: Santonio Holmes
    TE: Brandon Pettigrew
    D/ST: Jets
    K: Adam Vinatieri

Bench:
    Kenny Britt
    Jason Campbell
    Reggie Bush
    Ryan Torain
    Hines Ward
    Danny Woodhead
    Jared Cook
    Danny Amendola
    Early Doucet
    Dolphins D/ST

I'm pretty happy with my team, I give myself a 8/10 for drafting. I just wish I could of gotten Vincent Jackson, he almost fell to me.. but was taken one pick before. So I had to settle with Brandon Marshall.

:grrhee:

2. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

$100...COOOOOOT, I am mad enough at myself for being in a 50 dollar league this year. That pay out will be nice though.

Two concerns: You have a starting RB and QB who may not play week one.

I've stayed away from CJ in all the leagues I'm in this year.

I like the Britt and Cooke, but really it's hard to gauge how you did without seeing what round you drafted your players in and what was available or what the other teams were picking.

3. xpmar9x

I had no desire to take CJ, but when he fell to #7 and AP, Vick, Rodgers, Brady, Charles, and Rice were gone... it was between him and Foster. I don't trust Foster so I went with CJ.

As for Peyton, same thing happened. Brady, Vick, Rodgers, Brees, Rivers, and Romo were taken.

The payout is verrry nice.
    1st place -> $750
    2nd place -> $200
    3rd place -> $100
    Weekly prize of $10 (whoever gets the most points per week)

4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Can you explain how you go about setting up a league like that?

Where do you go to form a money league?
    What is the buy in for that league?
    How many people are in that league?

I'm confident I would finish no worse than 2nd every single year. I've done FF since I was 14 in 2004. I've never missed the playoffs in the leagues I actually commit to and update my roster weekly.

I'm also wondering if there's an online pick 'em money league. I'm good at that as well.

5. RavensShallBurn

Your team is very good btw. You must not have many players in that league if you were able to get CJ, Peyton, Jackson, Holmes, and Marshall. Not to mention your bench is as strong as it could possibly be.

9/10

Also, do you really start two QBs per week in your league?

6. xpmar9x

My money league is on ESPN, it's a group of friends/co-workers. Cost $100 to get in the league, and it's a 12 man league this year (was 14 last year). So our commish just collects the money. Since we went to 12, we added a 2nd starting QB. First year that we've done that so we'll see how it goes.

12 player, I was shocked that all these players fell. And yep, 2 QBs start per week.

7. RavensShallBurn

I hope your commish is trustworthy enough to hold onto $1100 of others' money. Haha

Here's my first team (I hate drafting while preseason is still going on though):

QB: Tom Brady
    RB: BenJarvus Green-Ellis
    RB: Tim Hightower
    WR: Andre Johnson
    WR: DeSean Jackson
    TE: Antonio Gates
    W/R: Donald Driver
    W/T: Lee Evans
    K: Rob Bironas
    DEF: Steelers

Bench:
    Kyle Orton
    Thomas Jones
    Willis McGahee
    LaDainian Tomlinson
    Nate Washington
    Todd Heap

I'm weak at RB, obviously. I had the 12th pick (last as always, seriously) so I took Brady and Andre Johnson back to back. All good RBs were gone. By the time it came back to me in the 3rd round, I was targeting Blount because he was the best left on there, but he was taken just before I picked. I then took Jackson and Gates back to back. I do think Green-Ellis and Hightower will do well, and I have a couple guys whose get goal line carries on my bench.

8. theprizdfighter

Hightower is a good pickup. He should have a solid year in Washington.

9. RavensShallBurn

I got Green-Ellis in the 5th and Hightower in the 6th. They were most definitely the best available at that time.

10. theprizdfighter

BTW I love having the last pick. Two picks in a row! Money!! You can affect the draft so much (cause people to go on runs for positions, etc). I would have taken Andre Johnson and Calvin Johnson or Roddy White then dealt with RBs next and picked up a QB later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar