Ra'Shede Hageman and other 3-4 end prospects..

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by RollTide, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well Im not putting too much stock into the 3-4 talk. We're going to still run the 4-3, and on tape Aaron Donald stands out.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I'm guessing that we will run a base 3-4 much like Horton has done most of his career.

I see Hageman fitting the Calais Campbell role.

3. xhrr

xhrr Starter

So after watching Aaron Donald dominate the combine and then watching him on tape he is far better than Hageman and just showed he is a better athlete. I would be ok with either but given the option I'd take Donald right now. The only thing that scares me is Casey and Donald on the ends are both short. Maybe the height things is overrated but they won't do much in terms of batted balls like a JJ Watt would. Which is fine if they are constantly crashing the back field but long arms to disrupt passing lanes when they don't get that push is a nice bonus.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Frank Gore tore both of his ACLs and went in the third. He turned out ok.

5. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

At RB no less. Pretty impressive. You gotta think he's the exception not the rule though right?

6. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I know it could go both ways with the injury bug. I almost always pass on guys with multiple injuries.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

agree, only make risky decisions 4th round and beyond.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I don't know. Injuries are flukey. I mean, Easly tore his second ACL in practice turning to run after a play. **** happens.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Pro Bowler

I had a friend in college tear his ACL and MCL untouched when tried to redirect while covering a kick off. Kid was a 24 ft long jumper before that injury, never the same after that. He can still dunk though.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

50% of the time were are going to use a 4 man front anyway so another great inside pass rusher would be worth consideration. He lifted like a 320 lb guy and runs like a 240 lb linebacker. No question he is worth a look.

Hageman had a good but not great workout. Tuitt didn't run at all. Certainly now Donald has made himself equal to them but i still love that size in our defense. It is possible that Tuitt or Hagelman could fall to the 2nd rd if Donald and Jerrnigan come off first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar