Rapid Reaction: Steelers 26, Jaguars 21

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Oct 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

[​IMG][​IMG]Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky The Jaguars identity is based on their run game.
    When they fell to 0-2 to open the season, it was in large part because they could not get it going on the ground. When they bounced back with two consecutive wins, it was largely because they rediscovered life with 236 and 139 rushing yards in wins over division rivals Indianapolis and Houston.
    Against the Steelers tonight, a team they'd beaten four times in a row, Jacksonville managed just 38 net yards rushing -- 19 from Fred Taylor, 12 from David Garrard and 7 from Maurice Jones-Drew. The result was a 26-21 loss to Pittsburgh.
    It's pretty simple but it's holding true for them this season. Run well and win, don't and lose.
    At 2-3, they now have to get ready for a trip to Denver. The good news is the Broncos ranked 24th against the run at the start of the day, giving up 132.8 ground yards a game and while they beat Tampa Bay 16-13, they allowed the Buccaneers 139 rushing yards.

More...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

you know, I think I would have liked the Jags to win that one. I'm not too worried about them. It's really too early to think about seeding but it might of helped. With three wins they (the Steelers) maintain 1st place. I predict the Steelers to finish runner up to the Ravens. That Ravens team is good enough to win the North.

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think Steelers will win the North and I'd rather the Ratbirds not make the playoffs.

4. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Freaking MJD cost me my FF game.

Glad the Steelers won, that's going to be a physical game when they come to town!

5. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

fine. but wouldn't a Steelers win further the chances of the Ratbirds missing the playoffs? hence, a Jags loss here today helps Tennessee? (mildly, in a backward sense)

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

I can smell home field advantage

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think I demolished the guy I played in Fantasy and I still have Drew Brees.

8. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

Brees should have a good game especially since their at home

Lynch and Calvin Johnson laid a big EGG for me today

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Well the guy I am playing has Meachum and Lance Moore, but whatever they do just adds points for Brees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar