Rapid Reaction: Jaguars 20, Packers 16

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky[​IMG][​IMG] Posted by ESPN.com's James Walker

The Jaguars showed some fight and some life, ending a four-game losing streak with a 20-16 home win over Green Bay.

If I am Jack Del Rio, I'm encouraged that my guys rallied to make a fourth down stop on defense and that they made room for David Garrard to convert a fourth-and-one.

And without top receiver Matt Jones for the first game of his three-game suspension and with Jerry Porter on the shelf with a groin injury, lo and behold someone stepped up to make plays for Garrard.

It was Dennis Northcutt with five catches for 127 yards and a touchdown. There was little reason to expect that considering the team had been searching for plays from receivers all year and he's only made 26 catches for 282 yards for the Jaguars in 11 games.

Signs of life at this stage qualify as a positive development. The Jaguars need more of those considering they now turn around in a hurry and host the Colts on Thursday night.

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar