Ranking of Media Broadcasters on Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I know they are split. The funny thing is watching the Texans forum get all worked up when someone talks about VY. It really divides them up. The real irony is that the Titans hatred was about 90% hatred, and really angry hatred toward the Titans, and then the Titans drafted Young and some of those haters had to convert. I gotta imagine it is more like a 60% hatred now, and 40 % Vince only fans. It's been funny to watch. The divide happens every week on their boards, and it really gets worked up. It's just funny to see how some fans buried the hatchet when the Titans got Vince. It was fueled even more when Mario was having a bad year. I think the dust has settled, but it has really divided Texans fans big time. As if they weren't already divided because of the Titans. The city is completely fractured now mainly because of TN.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

Ron Jaworski -

Steve Young - "You could take Vince Young even higher maybe than you did a year ago in the draft." 9-25-07[​IMG]

Emmitt Smith - "If you want to sell tickets. You get Reggie Bush. If you want to sell tickets and win games. You get Vince Young." 9-25-07

Tony Kornheiser -"He outperforms his numbers. When his numbers are great they are on third down and in the fourth quarter. He wins games by himself. Look, he's a kid. They elected him captain. The people on that team see something special in him. And Jeff Fisher extended his contract, and he said, I had great run with Steve Mcair, and now I'm looking to have a great run with number 10." 9-25-07

Michael Wilbon - "It Starts with Vince Young...He reminds me, Vince Young, at times, of a young John Elway in this way. You know I think John Elway is the greatest qb of all time. In that there are not name people around him. There are not great running backs. And his numbers are not great early. But all he does is win the game." 9-25-07

Mike Tirico - "

Mike Greenberg - "Vince Young is Terrific. I love him. The more you watch him play the more you see he makes things happen." 9-25-07

Mike Greenberg - "

Mike Golic - "Vince Young has that IT factor...Vince Young moves to throw, not to run. He has that IT factor." 9-25-07

Mike Golic - "

Mike Schlereth - "Vince Young showed some things last night. There was a lot of speculation and a lot of talk about whether or not he can throw the football. And he threw it what, 22-24 times and he threw some deeper routes, some deep dig routes, and he was on time with the football. He put it in tight windows. He did a very nice job. He made one errant throw, but I put that on the coaching staff. I never liked. I've never been one of those guys. The TN Titans get an interception and they go right down and here teams say we'll go after the jugular after an interception...don't make the kid go down the field and throw an interception." 9-25-07

Bill Parcells - Bush, or Young. Bill Parcells' answer would make Charley Casserly smile: "We did have Mario Williams on top of the board. There's just so many big players with rare size and speed like he had. 6'6", 295 pounds, ran a 4.7 -- I know I hadn't seen anything like that at the combines to even compare him with. There are just so many big guys on the planet, as the late George Young used to say, when you get an opportunity to get one like this, you figure you're getting a defensive end that's going to be there pressing the quarterback for 10 years. I think the fans just gotta wait just a little bit longer because this guy's on his way. I see him as a better player than he was last year and I think there's a lot of good in front of this guy." 9 -25 -2007

Michael Wilbon - "Something is happening with Vince Young. He can give you problems." 9-24-2007

Peter King - "Vince Young and Albert Haynesworth are both about get on very serious rolls." 10-2-07

Boomer Esiason -"The ultimate weapon. ... He's only going to get better, and he is a winner when the game is on the line." 9-30-07

Steve Young - "Almost everything is better than I thought. He faster than I thought. He's bigger than I thought. He's more accurate than I thought with throwing the football. But the biggest thing is his leadership. I call it leadership moxy. The things the quarterbacks in the nfl have to have to be successful. It's a maturity. A guile, a kind of saviness that I think all the great one's have. As a young players he has it in spades."

Emmitt Smith - "

Sean Salibury - "We know he's a winner." 9-24-07

Mike Schlereth - "Vince Young is coming to town. We know what he can do. We know he has big game capability." 9-24-07

Keyshawn Johnson - "I had the opportunity to go on down to TN there this offseason, and sittin in with coach Chow, the offensive coordinator, and coach Jeff Fisher. And that when I had to make the decision about whether or not I was going to play. And the thing that stood out to me most about Vince Young, is his leadership, and the things he was able to do on the football field. And watching him at the the quarterback position and saying to myself is this a guy I want to continue my career with or just someone that isn't going to learn the qb position because of some of things that happened in the off the field incidents and things like that. And now that I look at him, and looking at film of him last year versus this year. Two totally different people. Two totally different players. I didn't realize the type of athlete he is today. Until I wateched him versus the Indianapolis Colts. And now I'm saying to everyone at ESPN, now I have to go reconsider." 9-25-07

Tom Jackson - "You have to go all the way back to his career at Texas and now into the pros, he wins games. There's nothing more important. When you here his coaches and his teammates talk about him, they talk about what a great leader he is. But they expect him to make the plays to win. to He's won 7 of his last 9. He lost to the Pat's and to the Colts. There are a lot of teams that would take that and would ride with it." 9-25-07

Bill Parcells - "Well what happens to players and players coming out of the draft, if they have a characteristic that is regarded as a little deviation from the classic style, that the normal qb has, and vince young had that, he threw the ball a little low, and held it a little low, so 'oh look at his at his delivery. It is this and that.' People and scouts get very suspicious of thigs like that, so you will always have questions. They are just lookin to cover themselves. 'Oh well, he's a good athlete and he's a good qb, but he does this'. Here is what qb is ab out, can you get your team into the endzone enough to win, and this guy is doing that." 9-25-07

Chris Berman - "He can run a two minute offense not with two minutes to go at the end of the half but let's just run a hurry up and then get back to a regular thing for a while. And boy that does put a lot of pressure on another team, and I don't know if we will see that tonight, but that is something he can do. The sky is the limit there." 9-25-07

Mike Ditka - "

Chris Berman - "

Stuart Scott - "The only probowler of the group. Vince Young."

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Shannon Sharpe - "Vince Young is throwing the football when all the questions were surrounding him, can he throw the football, look at that ugly throwing motion, and all he does is win." Emphatically. 10-7-07

"The instincts of a qb. in all three games this season, Young’s completion percentage has been over 60%." 9-25-07

Terry Bradshaw -"Vince Young has been amazing." 9-26-07

Bill Parcells - "He's obviously got a good arm and athletic ability. I think he will cause some people trouble."

Jimmy Johnson "Well...they shoulda taken Vince Young." 9-23-07

"Self-absorbed young punk," 9-20-07

4. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Wow... i'm surprised you could actually tell what Shannon Sharpe was saying

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

They spoke too soon...

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

"**** Vince Young. He's a piece of ****" - Me in the chat room today

7. PhiSlammaJamma

Which explains why you are in a chat room, and Vince is the qb for the Titans.

8. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

What is the criteria? Just which guy like's vince the most? Jaws was just as down on vince at draft time and that was the important time. It's easy to jump on the band wagon after the fact but if jaws was our GM he would have rather taken kelly clemens with that third pick.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar