Rank the Titans starting QBs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by CRUDS, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Let the Fitz era begin!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

not true. CJthebeast, TheSureThing, and TitansWillWin2.

I actually think TWW2 is the scariest of the three.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

TWW2 lubs him some Vince Young

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

VY's gone. I'm simply looking at his body of work. Enough with the dramatics.

I'm not saying VY is even a a good QB now. I'm saying he had some success here in TN. He did. No matter how much you want to talk about other issues (shirtless pic in the club, Fisher drama, being broke, etc) it doesn't take away what he did on the field.

VY's off the feild issues sunk his ship. He was excelling in the field his last 2 years.

5. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

KFC's winning year was nothing like when VY was winning and he was the only star on offense. VY WAS the offense while he was QB here. He rarely played with CJ because of his injuries (another reason he is gone).

6. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

VY had some great moments here (99 yard drive, comeback vs. Giants, OT run against Texans), but he was always a rich man's Tebow. Sure, he'll put some miracles out of his azz, but you could never trust him as a franchise QB, he was always a career project.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

More like how has McNair tricked this fanbase? Oh right- He died. I forgot. Dying immediately makes you "The best" whether you were or not.

Yes. We lost those 2 games Volek went crazy for. But why? OH... when you put up 36 points it's the QB's fault the team lost, right?

Keep in mind this was a time when McNair couldn't hit a WR to save his life. THAT's what made Volek's games impressive. He exposed every excuse people had been using for McNair as simply not true.

And I wasn't judging Mac on his last 2 yrs here. I'm judging him on his entire career- which was mediocre, to be perfectly honest. One good season does not a great QB make.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

McNair had one MVP year and about 4 "pretty good" years.

Volek had 2 great games.

Volek "exposed" McNair so bad that McNair was still a starting QB for 2 more years after Volek's "breakout" year and Volek went immediately back to the bench.

• High Five High Five x 4
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

there is no doubt that from a traditional basis McMVP was average in his best years. But he was much more than a traditional QB.

I would like too see those current ESPN QB rankings on the McMVP years. Im thinking his judgement ect would been rated as excellent. He rarely made the big mistake that would lose a game (Fitzgerald is a Titan because he made a habbit of doing just that). McMVP did not stay in proper shape we all know that and he had issues getting the rock downfield to WRs, but he more than made up for it in the rest of his game

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yes. Use a Jeff Fisher player keeping their position as justification to good play...

... you serious right now?

McNair should have been unseated 2 years prior to when he was FOR Volek- or anyone else.

It wasn't just 2 games that Volek showed him up, for what it's worth.

He did it pretty much every time he got a chance.

Fans just hated that their hero got outshined by a decent backup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar