Randy Moss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2008, Feb 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Surprised this wasn't already a thread, but, in case you haven't heard, the Patriots decided to not hit him with the franchise tag. I'd say that he should be the third option as far as receiver behind Roy Williams and Chad Johnson, but nonetheless, this puts us up to at least three really good possibilities.

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

The fact that they didn't tag him probably means that they already have a verbal deal in place. He just can't sign it until 12:01am on February 29th. He'll be a Patriot next season unless some team calls him up at midnight and offer him a ridiculous amount of money.

(I might be wrong about that date. I don't feel like looking it up. It's sometime at the end of Feb.)

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Randy Moss would never play here.

4. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

the pats have very little salary cap room especialyl compared to other teams (i think round 10m) ....im not sure they could satisfy him in terms of money. but than again they got pretty close to winning a championship and i think by now moss wants a championship more than nthing. while i would love to get him if the pats dont...he'll prob head off somewhere where there is a good chance of gettin a ring.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Why does nobody acknowledge that Tennessee could be that type of place? We had one of the best defenses in the league and with a few more playmakers on offense I really think we could compete with the top teams in the AFC.

6. titan_fan_4ever

its not a question of whether i think were good enough.....look at his runnying mate....stally didnt (sure that wasnt where we are now....) but the question is ....does moss? im pretty sure the guy is rich enough...after his vikings/raiders days he got paid in plenty...so i dont think he's lookin for a lot of money......but than again...u never no...

an as for how good we are...im not sure moss would make young an all star.....young played in the probowl an had some of the best receivers w/ him that he did practice w/ ...kinda.....but he struggled...quite a bit...an the pass rush in the probowl is kinda not intense either...an lets face it moss is old...

imo we need a younger guy.....we need some1 young can grow w/...while a rookie would be a nice addition...i think berrian wold be better for us than moss right now...he played really well last yr and this year...whoeva throwin for the bears sucked....an than adding some1 like kelly/sweed in the first...i think thats a young recivin corps young can grow w/

7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I wasn't trying to advocate signing Moss at all, though he couldn't hurt, but I've seen that point come up in a couple other debates over free agents and I'm really not sure where it comes from, we're a playoff team with a great defense and an offense that's just a few pieces away, I'd think it'd be a good place for a good reciever to come for a ring.

8. titan_fan_4ever

honostly....im not that sure..i think young needs time...an while the defense was good....it faltered when albe left the field...which begs the question...should one players absence completely screw up a team...i mean he was in an we dominated yes....at least at the beginnin....but towards the end (he hadnt fully recovered i no) and when he was injured we were not a top team...heck we were barely a playaoff team...im just bein realistic....an even w/ a top form defense...we will not be able to win a ring unless young can play qb and we can score some points....anim not sure young is at the point where he can 'click' w/ a star reciever...honostly the way he looked last season he'll need time..an practice...but i do believe he can do it...im just not too sure bout nxt yr

but for what its worth...i really hope im wrong

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

No way Moss leaves The Pats. He wants to be there and he's got Brady in his corner... Kelly Washington and Donte Stallworth will be out of NE. They won't just sit with Welker..
    85 is stuck in Cincinnati whether he likes it or not...

10. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

yeah Brady gave him the ball is NE.....even if we won and Young didnt get him the ball enough, the tears would start rollin.....i dont even wanna start dealin with that

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar