Randy Gregory

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Mar 3, 2015.

?
  1. Randy Gregory

26.1%
  2. Dante Fowler

43.5%
  3. Vic Beasley

21.7%
  4. Shane Ray

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Kikaha, Mauldin or Orchard on day 2 would be nice.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I don't like him, but I see the value of Gregory at 19. I rather have someone else at 12 though.

3. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Nailed it. If he can't stop long enough to piss clean at the combine, he has extreme problems with motivation, intelligence, and judgement.

As a recovering addict myself, I can guarantee you that even if he had his last fix in December (which I seriously doubt), he's got a long hike ahead of him before he's even close to out of the woods.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I like Orchard in the 2nd better than any of the other guys in the 1st (as far as value goes). Orchard, I still don't understand why he doesn't have a higher grade. He had 21 sacks last year and I think LeBeau could really help turn him into something.

If it's a trade with Cleveland, I'd love to go Parker/RT. If Scherff, Clemmings, or Collins are there at 19 I'd be all over it.

How's this for having 3 picks in the top 33?
    12 - Parker
    19 - Scherff/Collins/Clemmings
    33 - Orchard

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

There was brief talk of taking him with our pick a few months ago, general agreement was that he might not transition well in the NFL.

That doesn't change when picking at a later pick in the first. I probably wouldn't even take him in the second.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I like Orchard, but don't love him as much as his stats would suggest; The reason he doesn't have a higher grade is he needs to improve his first step (although he has good speed his snap anticipation is avg) and he lacks ideal size and athleticism. He's a work in progress in coverage and ran a poor 40 at the combine (4.8)

I would be happy with him at 65 but wouldn't take him at 33 -- There should a surprisingly good 1st round leftover for us to take at 33.

7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I don't know about a 1st rounder left at #33. From all indications, most GM's and scouts believe there to be only 16-19 prospects with a 1st round grade. It's not a deep draft at all.

Leonard Williams doesn't have a good first step either, but he's still dominant and considered by most as the best player in the draft.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

That's true (about 15-20 first round grades)

But I bet one of the following is avail at 33, and is ranked higher than Orchard:
    Gregory
    Ray
    La'El Collins
    Peat
    Marcus Peters
    Flowers
    Gurley or Gordon
    Arik Armstead

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Agreed

As @ImATitan said earlier, we could wait until the 3rd for an OLB. Chances are Ochard, Kikaha, or Mauldin will be there w/ our 3rd.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Orchard is devalued because he has one big year of production and because he's slow. How slow? Slow enough that he'd be considered a 2 down MLB if he played in the middle. As a pass rusher, he's got real speed issues. While he has some cool moves in college, once NFL OT's figure it out and aren't afraid of his blowing past them, he will have issues becoming a double digit sack guy and he's a below avg run defender. I think Orchard will be available in the 3rd or later. I expect the Titans to take him if they don't take a different OLB earlier, but they could get him with their 4th pick I'd think. Course, a team like the Steelers could reach and take him late in the 3rd because he won't make it thru the 4th rnd I don't think.

Depends on who/what we took before that. We can get a starting RT in the 3rd but there will be some elite players we could miss out on in the 2nd if we don't take them there. Then again, if we are rolling with Met, we need an excellent OL. If we had a trade with Cleveland and already got a #1 WR, Scherff would certainly be a nice guy to get though Id rather get him at 33...but I doubt he falls that far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar