Randy Gregory

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by ScotTitan, Mar 3, 2015.

?
  1. Randy Gregory

26.1%
  2. Dante Fowler

43.5%
  3. Vic Beasley

21.7%
  4. Shane Ray

8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

That was the Locker pick for me!!! Stunned disgust!!!

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Bum? No one is saying he's a 7th rnd pick or undraftable. But the other rushers are ahead of him right now. Shane Ray has more than double his sack production. Consider this...Danny Shelton, a 340lb NT, had more sacks and more tackles than Gregory.

Physical talent-wise, he's very good so for size/speed/length and athleticism, he's first round material. The occasional flashes he shows are what you HOPE to get more consistently in the pros. However, coming to the combine at 235lbs hurts him as he is now undersized when they were expecting 6'6 250+. Then they made an excuse about him being sick, but at his Pro Day he was only 3lbs heavier.

I also don't like that this 'dominant' player let Melvin Gordon set the NCAA single game rushing record against his D. That was terrible! Meanwhile, Beasely is the best player on arguably, the best defense in college football.

Gregory needs to take on 15lbs of muscle and learn how to be a more complete and consistent player. In the mean time, he's not quite special enough at one thing to know you're getting a double digit sack guy from year one. He might take the Hughes route and need a few years to develop!

Any prospect that requires the Titans coaching staff to 'coach 'em up' to get value makes me nervous!!!

3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

To be fair to Gregory, he was MUCH more productive his sophomore year.

4. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I will be so unbelievably angry

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

For me it was the Locker pick, Wright pick, Warmack pick, and even the Lewan pick... but I like the Lewan pick a whole lot better now.

But four years in a row screaming at the TV.

It ends this year or else...

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I liked the Lewan pick a lot actually...The KW pick actually baffled me, but I rolled with it.

7. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

And this is why you take an outright dominant force (Shelton, Williams, etc). I like Aaron Donald for that reason..He is what he is, let him get out there and disrupt. No need to coach up and pray he improves.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Why did you hate the Wright pick? I loved it immediately.

9. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I love Aaron Donald. On my final big board last year, he would have been our pick. Even though Leonard Williams is a little bigger than Donald, I think Donald is the better player. It's just weird how the draft falls from year to year.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Admittedly I was on the Locker train. I bought into all the excuses and really liked his intangibles. I still think I was screwed up from Vince Young, ah to be young and naive again.

Wright pick I freaked out at a draft party at Hooters. I was all for Dont'a Hightower, David DeCastro or I think Mercilus? Can't remember the 3rd guy but I was thinking there was no way we could screw it up. We went with Wright after I just told my friends I didn't want him at all despite his production. Once the selection happened I jumped out of my chair and ran outside. I warmed up to him, only for him to burn me again.

The Warmack draft was the best. I was at one of Bama's bigger bars for trivia that night and the draft. The Titans announced Warmack when I was on my phone and while all the bammers were cheering I just yelled out "NOOOOO! TITANS HOW DID YOU **** THAT UP" as my initial reaction. Yeah...never had so many death glares before.

Last year, another draft party and had too much to drink. At one point I was wanting Manziel because I was joking about maybe we could make ESPN then even though I really wanted Bridgewater, weird night. We grabbed Lewan, I sulked at the bar, and then passed out right when I got home.

So yeah I'm pretty excited to see what happens this year.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar