Random Stat & Britt Discussion

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by xpmar9x, Apr 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Not sure you have a clue what you are talking about. Johnson in his second season had 78 catches for over 1300 yards. I guess the change happened pretty quick and he went from a young player with zero confidence to a grown up man in only one year?

The fact is most rookie WRs even at Calvin's level of raw talent take a year to get acclimated. Jerry Rice didn't break 1000 yards his first year either. Of course rookies gain confidence each year they are in the league. Larry Fitzgerald had similar stats to Johnson his first season and then followed that with 100+ catches his second season.

Actually Johnson had Kitna as the QB his rookie season and Kitna threw for 4000 yards that year. But the yards were spread among a number of WRs like McDonlad and Roy Williams. Johnson broke out the next year with a combination of Orlovsky, Kitna and Culpepper at QB. Poor little guy really had to over come some deep emotional confidence issue with that group throwing him the ball. Orlovsky started half the games that season.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yea basically. he had the supporting cast at home and the brains to pull it all together.

And GTFO my d*ck. "You have a clue what you are talking about", STFU buddy, you have no idea the things I know.

3. JCBRAVE

And if you don't want to take my word for it, see what Calvin himself has to say about it. He had to grow into his body, dude hasn't been 6'5" forever.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

http://oncollegefootball.blogspot.com/2006/08/calvin-johnson-doesnt-lack-for.html
    Calvin while in college:
    TSN: What kind of cornerbacks give you the most trouble?
    CJ: Mmmm, I haven't had too much of a problem with any of them.​
    http://min.scout.com/2/621658.html
    Calvin at his combine:
    "Calvin Johnson addressed the media Saturday at the Combine and, while not at a loss for the belief in his own skills, he deflected any comparisons to his skill sets to that of Randy Moss or Terrell Owens, saying attitude plays into the equation and he should instead be compared to a player like Marvin Harrison."

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=195270
    Calvin Johnson as a HS recruit, 6'4 200 pounds (you are right, he wasn't 6'5 his whole life and had to grow into his body what ever the hell that means).

So is/was CJ humble and soft spoken? Yes, that is his personality. Has nothing to do with confidence. Maybe he isn't/wasn't cocky like some twits (Titus Young was telling people he was better than Calvin while in Detroit). But he didn't lack confidence to think of himself as a super stud like Marvin Harrison.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Torched

6. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Also just to put this to bed Calvin Johnson was 6'5 and 240 in his official combine measurement and weight in and proceeded to run a 4.3. Hewas just an overall better prospect then Green but got stuck on a way worse team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2779980

7. JCBRAVE

He's been on TV talking about it, I'll take watching him spit out the words over some link you scrambled up.

I wouldn't go out of my way to to say he lacked confidence if it weren't true to some degree.

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

how did this turn into an argument about Calvin Johnson?

9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

B
    Because no one has figured out how to make it about Vince Young yet.

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

To be fair him putting it on himself is exactly in line with his personality. Calvin Johnson is a humble, team first guy and unlike some of the diva wideouts in the NFL he is not just going to throw his teammates under the bus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar