Ramsey visit says something about VY

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

ditto

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Shot at more than that? How? Why? This is a guy who has not played in 2 years and when he last played in 2006 he was terrible.

Denver gave him the opportunity to be a #2 and make #2 money. We had no chance to compete with that.

In my opinion that is all simms can be in the nfl an experienced 3rd string guy. What else? same as ramsey!

3. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Simms signed with Denver because he's going to start there soon. Cutler wants out.

4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Wow, apparently you're OK with Vince Young being our 2nd string QB and don't give a rats @$$ about the Franchise trying to push VY by having stiff competition in his way. Congrats Roll, you've just relegated yourself to being an enabler just like everyone in Austin and all the VY homers!:grrr: This is coming from the same guy who says if we can upgrade our 5th WR, we're still upgrading the team?? But yet you don't want to force the potential out of our most vital/highest paid player/biggest underachiever? I don't get you sometimes. I believe that our 3rd string QB is a little more important that what you may think, considering we just signed a 37 year-old to a 2 year contract to keep our franchise #3 overall pick as far away from the field as possible!! Do you think the 49ers think their 3rd string emergency QB is not vital, obviously not because that person is ALEX SMITH(#1 overall).

What's the problem with signing Simms?? If he beats out VY in the offseason and training camp, than we can get VY to restructure or cut him next year after being inactive for 16 games as the emergency QB.. Or, VY beats out Simms, gets his confidence back, starts to learn the playbook and actually progresses on the field because he has someone right on his tail the whole time. Simms is then relegated to the emergency QB, or the Titans cut him and go with 2 QBs again. Sounds like a win-win to me.:wink2: But to just hand over the reigns again to VY is what pisses me off so much, make the dude earn something!:grrr:

5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Anyone who would hand the ball to simms as the future of the franchise is nuts. I doubt they trade cutler now but of they did there would be another QB in the deal somewhere.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Kerry and vince combined count $12M against the cap. We are supposed to sign some guy for $5M a year just so vince has competition?

Vince IS our #2 this year period. Can't change that the #2 job is not up for grabs. This is a guy who has been our #1 in case you don't remember. He is still here and we are going to have to sink or swim with him.

Simms wouldn't have been competing for the #2 job either. Why do you think he signed elsewhere?

7. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

RollTide, you act like it's totally unfathomable that Vince Young gets beaten out as the #2. Do you honestly think that someone cannot beat him out? What if he gets hurt? Then is it a possibility?

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I agree with that.

This is simply an "update-our-files" type of visit. In case someone gets injured or VY has a complete meltdown.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

"Unfathomable" is your word. Given that vince was once our starter and that we have not given up on him yet it just makes logical sense. What are we paying him for then? If they honestly did not think he was #2 caliber he would be gone or should be gone.

Still waiting for someone to tell me the logic of paying a third string guy like a starter. Do you honestly think garcis is going to come here so he can compete for the #2 job with vince?

Who is your monster stud guy to take vince's job?

10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I don't have a monster stud guy, but the thing is I don't think we need a Monster stud QB to supplant VY[see Kerry Collins]. I think it would have been very logical to sign someone who had spent almost the entire year learning the system and players(Simms) to see if he could in fact make the leap over VY, as opposed to bringing in someone new a month or two before Training Camp setting them up for failure and not giving Vince a real run for his money. That makes more sense to me. After all, what does it matter if we're paying a 3rd stringer 5 mil per year if he jumps over our 2nd stringer who's already cashed in 40 mil and who's on the hook for an 8-9 mil cap #? sounds like good business to me if we cut the useless one, we save money:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar