Ramses Barden, WR, Cal-Poly

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GLinks, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Alright, I've posted a few times about how I like this guy. The breakdown is this:

Senior
    6'6"
    227 lbs
    projected to run around 4.6, but says he will be in the 4.5 range
    best attributes: hands, tracking the ball in the air

#2 on nfldraftcountdown's sleeper list behind Rhett Bomar

NCAA record for consecutive games with a TD (20), breaking Jerry Rice's record (17)

Year GP Rec Yds YPC TD
    2004 RS - - - -
    2005 13 40 655 16.4 9
    2006 11 42 824 19.6 5
    2007 11 57 1,467 25.7 18
    2008 11 67 1,257 18.8 18
    Totals 46 206 4,203 20.4 50

A couple of scouting reports:

http://www.nflfans.com/x/2009/showplayer.php?key=Ramses Barden

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/Ramses-Barden.php

Here's a link to an interview I found: http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/ramsesbardeninterview.htm

And here's a quote from it: "Ramses Barden: I’m going to bring the complete package of the complete receiver. I have great tangibles, great hands, and you’re going to get great effort. You’re going to get a team player who will step into a leadership role when necessary. I’m not going to be the rah-rah guy, but I’ll be that if you need me. I’ll lead by example. I’m going to fight for the ball when it’s in the air and fight for my teammates. I’ll be a joy to be around. I’m going to have fun playing the game, so that’s never going to be the question. I love to compete. I’ve always loved to compete, so my desire and my motives are definitely not in question. I’m going to block for you. I’m going to make the tough catches. I’m going to make the easy catches. I’m excited to learn. I’m coachable. I like to say that I am a sponge and I am trying to soak up as much as I can. You’re going to get an increased quickness that you haven’t seen before and you’re going to get speed that you haven’t seen before. You’re always going to get more. You’re always going to see improvements from me on every level of the game, and that’s what I feel I bring to the table. "

Sounds like a high character guy, as well.

I'm thinking of Ramses Barden as a rich man's Drew Bennett. I wouldn't mind seeing him a Titan at all. As opposed to the faster guys still developing as receivers in the draft, I want the guy with the hands, I think.

2. Young54

Young54 Starter

We love 4th round receivers...so why not??? I say bring him in!

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Not to de-rail my own topic, but you're from MD -- what do you think of Hayward-Bey, if you've had a chance to watch him play?

4. Marko

Marko Starter

His draft stock could rise a lot with a good 40 time at the Combine

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

I've been on the Barden bandwagon for a while now, but he really struggled at the Senior Bowl. He couldn't get separation from the DBs, and may not make it in the NFL.

With that being said, I'd still love to have him.

6. Marko

Marko Starter

He could be worth a shot late in the draft, like we do every year:rolleyes:

7. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

?????

i'll pass on that note

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Yeah his SR Bowl was not impressive really. Looked slow and lumbering. That's my only time to see him though.

9. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

What are his chances of being drafted at all? We could snag him as an undrafted FA as Drew was.

10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

He'll be drafted for sure. He's enormous, and has great hands. Just extremely raw. I say he goes somewhere in rounds 4 or 5.

Now, if he reels off a 4.7-4.8 at the combine then he has a good chance of not getting drafted, but I don't think he's THAT slow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar