Rams Trick Punt Return Play

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Oilers27, Oct 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

I am sure some of you guys have seen this, but for those that didn't here it is. Looks like a high school trick play. One guy pretends to be the returner looking up in the air with his blockers faking as well running to block on the same side, while the ball is actually going to the opposite side of the field.

Only players not fooled was the hiker and the punter.....

[​IMG]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/10/19/rams-fake-punt-return-touchdown_n_6011070.html

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Thing of beauty (if it wasn't the Rams), great adjustment by the coaches for picking up on this. I watched this yesterday and laughed at how dumb Seattle was for allowing this to happen. Possibly even worse than Blidi Wreh-Wilson not clobbering Andy Dalton on that trick play.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

How they fell for this really confused me... Don't you see where the ball is going? Lol

4. Oilers27

Oilers27 Starter

I was thinking the same, but if you run looking up you will most likely get your clocked cleaned out...

I would imagine you run looking down towards the field reading the blocks and the players. Only the punter and the hiker followed the ball....the last 2 down the field.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

The trick is to follow the balls shadow if you don't know where it is. They played the return man and not the ball. Good coaching sees these flaws in some trams and exploit them.

6. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Pro Bowler

I used to play both D and O for punts and ST. When the ball is kicked, is tough to see which direction it's going. If the return team is leading back to block one guy, most players will follow. Well designed play, that was sweet.

7. ThreeBallPaul

ThreeBallPaul Starter

This is extremely false and not done in the NFL

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

It does work. If there's lights

9. ThreeBallPaul

ThreeBallPaul Starter

Even then, the angle could be way off and still mess you up

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Or anywhere else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar