Rams Trading #1 Overall Pick?!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Strange argument to make... Vince has been hurt twice as well, why did he allow himself to get injured twice?

Players don't allow themselves to get injured, some injuries (most, really) are unavoidable.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh I'll be the first to tell you he's an idiot. I've told him that, and he's taking action to make sure he doesn't pull that mother F-ing hammy ever again. One of the videos on titansonline.com has him acknowledging that as one weakness he needs to work out. Staying loose for a player like him is key. He's just now seeing that. That's my boy, but yeah he's a knuckle head sometimes.

3. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

It's a tad early to really tell what kind of trade it would be. Assume for a minute that VY does not get better, maybe he shows no progression at all. Based on his past, and how he's played up to this point, it's a more likely scenario than him turning into the next Tom Brady. Where will we be next year, with VY who has shown us the same ol', same ol', waiting for a new contract? Do we give it to him, pay him in the neighborhood of 10 mil per year, I'd think that would be crazy? What if Bradford lights it up, what if he is the next stud franchise QB? It's really impossible to say what will become of VY and Bradford, we'll know for sure in a couple years.

I will say this though, with our OL and great pass protection they offer, with the best RB in the game and emerging young receivers Bradford would be in the perfect situation to excel. In St. Louis the cupboard is pretty bare, not so in Tennessee. I guarantee Bradford would light it up here, but we'll never know as long as Bud Adams is alive or owns the team :(

4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Headonaswivel, why are you talking about something that's not going to happen? Talk about something more realistic that will happen in the NFL we know, not your fantasy league..

Get yourself a Lawyer and just be quiet :)

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I said as much in my first post, I said I was dreaming but it would be cool. Didn't say it would happen, just a thought, not a big deal bud... calm down.

6. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

Use the Cutler trade as a bar for reference.

Cutler (proven) + a fifth-round pick (140th overall)

for

Kyle Orton and first-round picks in 2009 (18th overall) and 2010, along with a third-round pick (84th overall) in 2009

And you said

Sam Bradford (unproven)

for

Vince Young + first round picks in 2010 (16th overall) and 2011, a second round pick in 2011 and a third round pick in 2010 (75th? overall)

So for alot more uncertainty and no 5th round back we would give up a better QB, better picks aaaand an extra second rounder.

Not a good deal at all!!

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Worst trade EVER. Bradford is a joke, he'll last .5 games in the NFL. His shoulder will be like spaghetti.

8. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

I think the rules here change slightly when a franchise QB is at stake. If Holmgren falls for Bradford i don't think the jump from 7 up to 1 is all that outlandish to think of.

Will it happen? Probably not but it shouldn't be unthought of.....like this talk of Tennessee getting SB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar