Rams Trading #1 Overall Pick?!

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Apr 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d8178b787&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

What do you guys think about this? The Rams trading their pick? Maybe if they do a Mike Ditka trade like in 1999, when he sent 11 picks to the Washington Redskins for running back Ricky Williams. (Holmgren said he wouldn't...yet).

But what IF the Browns offer their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd? (they have 3 3rds) for the Rams #1 overall.

It's also reported that The Steelers love Sam Bradford (what team doesn't). So what if the troubled Big Ben and a 1st get sent to the Rams??

If I was the Rams GM and I was offered a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd for my #1, I would take it. The Rams could get Eric Berry, Colt McCoy, Arrelious Benn, Brandon Spikes, and Greg Hardy all in one draft!!

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

This rumor comes up every year. It's not going to happen. No team wants the #1 pick since you have to give so, so much guaranteed money to an uproven player. Any pick in the top 3 is pretty much untradeable at this point (at least until they fix the rookie wage situation).

The Rams probably invented this rumor in a last-ditch effort to get a dumb team to trade them for the pick, but it's not going to happen.

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Enter Washington Redskins.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I know it is possible the Browns like Bradford more than Clausen but I doubt they like him that much more. No way they make that trade. They already have the 7th pick in the draft and should be able to get Clausen if they want a QB.

I also can't imagine the Rams would want a QB who abuses women.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

How bout this... VY and our 1st and 3rd this year and our 1st and 4th next year. We move up and grab Bradford, that would be sweet. VY would sell a lot of tickets in St. Louis which they desperately need. I know it's a dream but I'd be so down for this.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Wow. You'd really want the FO to give up that much for Bradford? IMO that's way too hefty of a price for a rookie who may not ever amount to anything in this league.

7. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

You need a check-up from the neck-up!
    The Rams would be all over it!

8. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Bradford is the real deal, at least I think so. He's leaps and bounds better than VY will ever be in my opinion. So, yeah, I'd give that up easily.

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I"m not so sure about that, they'd have to buy into VY's ability to be a franchise QB, and I'm not sure how many teams... other than our FO believe that. I don't think they'd take the trade.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^^^Your head sure is on a swivel thinking VY, our 1st & 3rd this year, and our 1st & 4th next year is any kind of a decent idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar