Rams pick...

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Big TT, Dec 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

At #5 it's Garrett/Allen or trade down for me..

Three QB needy teams (potentially 4 if the new Jags HC doesn't want Bortles) in front of us. There's 3 QBs flirting w Top-10 grades (Kizer, Trubisky, & Watson). If teams went QB over BPA we'd land Myles Garrett or Jonathan Allen. If Garrett/Allen are gone I would look to trade back. Easier said then done, but hopefully J'ROB can work his magic. Move back a few picks, grab somebody like Reuben Foster, Mike Williams, Marlon Humphrey.. and keep stockpiling those draft picks.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

H
    Harrison has played from 245 to 270 lbs... most of the time he has been around 255...Barnett is listed at 265... he could easily lose a few lbs if needed....Harrison was tremendous at setting the edge against the run and obviously getting after the QB. I think Barnett will be a better fit for a 3-4 team than a 4-3

3. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Starter

I was starting to zero in on Jonathan Allen but you just can't underestimate the boundlessness of the Jags' suckery.

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Jags going Fournette, get ready to face him 2 times a year.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I could certainly see that... then we are sitting at 5 and Cook as the only other 1st rnd RB... maybe someone trades up for him

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

The Jags need to get their o-line figured out before they put another first round pick behind it. Same with Indy. Those two franchises are ruining careers with those o-lines.

7. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

The Browns are gonna have a lot to do with how the top 5 shakes out.
    There is only 1 Tony Romo for someone to get their hopes up for and IF he has a choice, would want to go to a team that he thinks can be a playoff/SB contender with him which would be Jets or Cards...maybe Bills.

Browns will be tempted to take Garrett at #1 and take a QB at #12. Problem with that is I think SF definitely takes a QB - probably Watson (depending on the coach) and then you have Bears (3), Jets (6), Cards (10), and possibly Bills at (11) who all pick before Browns get another choice. I don't see how Trubisky wouldn't go well before them. The Bears might think they have a serviceable starter in Barkley and take Allen, but the Jets have said their 2017 starting QB is probably not on the roster. Maybe the Jets take Trubisky OR someone moves up (trades up) to #5 to get him. So they could wait til Trubisky gets taken and then move up for Kizer...but he's probably more of a project than Trubisky - who is more of a pro offense kind of guy. Would the Browns be happy taking Kizer to be their starting Qb for next year considering how bad they've been for years?

I think our #5 spot is gonna be in the mix for trade options because if Romo goes to the Jets, the Cards will want Trubisky IMO and Watson won't make it past #2 IMO. The Cards can hope the Browns take a defensive player at #1 but both teams hoping Trubisky falls to them after that is most likely not going to happen. It should, but too many teams need QB's!!! Same problem for the Browns if Romo goes to the Cards. If they take Garrett 1 and Watson goes 2, they most likely need to jump the Jets at 6 for Trubisky unless they think he'll fall past Jets and Bills.

I see no way we get Allen or Garrett unless one of them falls or is supplanted by another defensive player. The only thing that helps with Garrett falling is he had a 'subpar' year this year and has been injured in two of his 3 seasons. And a couple of guys have also had big years like Barnett and Walker. And Cleveland needs a QB as mentioned above. The Jags need an interior player more than a DE but Cleveland and the Bears could use a DE.

We'll see how this shakes out but I'd get ready to trade back (hopefully) or wonder what player outside of Allen and Garrett are worth us taking at #5?

8. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Jets are also being mentioned as a landing spot for Fournette...but I can't see them taking a RB that high when they don't have a starting QB. MAYBE if they got Romo in the off-season? But if they trade for Romo, they probably don't have this pick!

Also gotta wonder if people will try and 'copy' Dallas by taking a Fournette or Cook early despite not having the same great OL? And Fournette has been dinged quite a bit for a BIG back. Cook, while smaller, has been pretty darn durable. To me, I'd take Cook first before Fournette.

9. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Garrett will be the #1 non-QB player easily. The dream is dead unfortunately.

Would like to see Hooker enter the draft. Him at #18 would be insane.

At #5 I think the short list as of now is Allen/Fournette/Wilson/Lattimore/Tanker/M.Williams/T.Williams/Barnett/adams is a good starting place. Those are who im going to focus on.

10. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

I think JRob would have people with pitchforks outside his office if he spent the #5 pick in the draft on Fournette!

I think our worst situation would be Cleveland taking Trubisky, SF taking Watson, then the Bears and Jags taking Garrett and Allen. Less chance we can trade back in that situation unless someone is desperate for Kizer but we might be forced to take someone who's as good as the next 5-7 players.

Pass rushers, CB's, LB's, S's are your best bet. We'll see if Hooker declares.

Allen, Walker, Barnett, Charlton, Lawson, TWilliams, RAnderson, McKinley, JAdams, BBaker, Hooker, 12 possible CB's til I can evaluate them better but none so far, MWilliams, CDavis so far. This will also be drastically affected by FA. If we sign a top CB, we probably don't take one at #5 unless they are clearly the BPA. Same with S if we sign Eric Berry in FA!

ATM, I don't see a CB worth the #5 pick but we are in dire need of one so we could reach a bit. More, likely, I think we'd try and trade back but if we can't, could see us taking BPA at a position of need. If they think Jamal Adams or Malik Hooker is the next great S, I could see it. I could also see them take MWilliams or CDavis if they wow in postseason/combine. Pass rusher will always be a high possibility because we won't normally pick this high (assuming we stay at 8-8 or better record wise) so we may want to grab Orakpo's successor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar