Rainbow Six: Las Vegas 2...Who's copping?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KamikaZ, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

I'll be there to pick up my copy tomorrow, probably going to trade in COD4 to play this one. It looks like basically the same good stuff as the first (and I prefer tactical shooters to run and gun shooters like COD4). Plus, the multiplayer experience looks A LOT deeper than COD4, with better incentive to play longer (more guns, more gear, more customizations).

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Not I. It looks exactly like the last one, even with the same maps. Or at least some of the same maps.
    Plus, the last one looked outdated graphically anyway, and now a new one with the same graphics? I think they should have worked harder rather than pushing the same product out and expecting the fans to buy regardless.

It's like a shooter version of Madden. And their last multiplayer was terrible. So I wouldn't compare it to COD4 yet until you actually play it.
    I'm not a big fan of games where your AI team does all the work either.
    I guess, since I bought the last one and was so disappointed, I'm still a bit skeptical.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I will get it when I get back...no doupt.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

It takes a certain type of gamer to enjoy RB6; I know most COD4 players are dismissing and getting defensive from the competition. And the multiplayer for LV1 didn't suck, did you actually play it or are you basing on what you read? The new one promises more customization and reason to play online for longer, something COD4 failed in (sorry, Prestige mode gives me NOTHING to play for).

6. Deuce Wayne

I played multiplayer on RB6V. And yes, it was terrible. People camp at every spawn point (very few of them), and it's 1 shot kills. I gave it maybe 30 minutes, and that's all I could stand.
    And there is zero competition when it comes to rb6 and cod. None. About as much as Ghost Recon.

7. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

It's just more realistic. The game is awsome and it was second in the running for multiplayer game of the year.

I'm definitely getting this game it's going to be even better than the first and I was nasty at that game.

8. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

The fact that you say zero competition just destroys your credibility. And if you actually played somewhat recently, they eliminated the spawn problems.

In terms of you dying quickly, a few shot kills actually makes you, uh you know, think before you do things. One of the things that sucks about COD4 is if i put 3 in your chest with an M14, but you still kill me because you have a more powerful gun stat wise, it's just silly to me (hence making the Hardcore modes the only ones worth playing). And don't get me started about the grenade fiascos that the developers still haven't patched.

Point is, there IS competition, and no, COD4 isn't the holy grail of shooting titles.

9. Deuce Wayne

COD4 is just as easy to kill. Elimates true skill, but ah well. But the maps, graphics, etc vs RB6?? I hope you're joking. ZERO competition. None. Don't even kid yourself. RB6 is another Ghost Recon. And it's no comp either.

10. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

Ran online with it today, and it has serious server issues. But Terrorist Hunt online is awesome cooperatively.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar