Raiders Sixth In League Against Run; Near Bottom Against Pass

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Nov 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Barring the dumb mistake on the punt return i think our team would've won the last game against Indy.One of the main things i liked was seeing how well we were passing the ball around.If Fitz can play like he did last week and avoid making mistakes we will have a good chance at winning.Now since Oakland is one of the best teams against the run i think its safe to say we won't be running C.J. up the middle into a wall of defenders over and over especially when facing one of the best run defenses in the league.

Now as far as the Raiders offense they are near the top in rushing this season.Rashad Jennings has 93 runs for 480 yards with a 5.2 average per run.Terrelle Pryor has 68 runs for 504 yards with a 7.4 average per run and finally Darren McFadden has 98 runs for 352 yards and a 3.6 average per run.We are 20th in the league in run defense so this team better step it up this week.

The Raiders are next to last in passing but that may change because Pryor is injured and his backup Matt McGloin went 18 of 32 for nearly 200 yards passing and 3TD's,0INT's with a 105.9 passer rating vs. Houston this past weekend.Hard to believe but Houston is number one in total defense so far this season.Also it looks like both Pryor and McFadden will not be playing in our game with Oakland this upcoming Sunday.

Although Oakland is near the top of the league in rushing i expect to see them passing more due to McGloin.I also must admit McGloin has looked pretty good in limited action so far this season.I also think Tennessee will be leaning more on their passing game as well.In my opinion this could very possibly turn into a shootout style game.As far as total defense we are tenth in the league and Oakland is ranked seventeenth.

This game is a battle of two 4-6 teams and both of these teams are still in the hunt for the very last playoff spot.Oakland has a very tough schedule the rest of the season as they still have to face Dallas,NY Jets,Kansas City,San Diego and Denver.Tennessee has Indy,Denver,Arizona,Jacksonville and Houston.I'm not going to get my hopes up but i think if we played really well down the stretch the last spot could be ours.

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

We get under 60 yards rushing in this game.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

means we are in for a long game of fitztragic trying to lead this offense. damnt! :wall:

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Real question is... will it be due to the Running Game's ineptitude OR due to Loggains' play-calling?

5. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I'm sure we'll run 20 times up the middle though. Don't fret.

• High Five High Five x 3
  6. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

both suck! we really do need to overhaul this offense imo. I can only imagine what denver will do to us!! It will be like the green bay game last year.

7. RTH

RTH Meh...

Denver seems, SEEMS, to have "calmed down" since the beginning of the season.

That said... WE'RE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

At the beginning of the season this game looked like an easy victory to me but things do change and they have with Oakland.Looks like McGloin just might be a good QB and also they have a very good rushing game.Seems like we will have our hands full Sunday.

9. RTH

RTH Meh...

Bothers me when other teams seem to have these back-up QBs that turn out to be quality-good... and we still struggle to find a STARTER that is at least average.

Who really knows with this guy, though...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I was just talking about that with my girlfriend.We struggle years to find a damn QB and other teams have these backups that end up being really good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar