Raiders may have a big impact on the Titans draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by danny, Feb 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danny

danny Guest

I'm basing this on my own opinions and observations so take this for what it's worth this far out from the draft.

There's a real good chance that Kerry Collins won't be back under center for the Raiders in '06. The Raiders have both Moss and Jerry Porter and a couple other quality receivers on the roster. They're downfield type receivers that need a QB that can get them the ball. Volek is a California native and throws one of the best deep balls in the NFL. My first senario goes under the thought that Davis gives up a second or third rounder for Volek. That'll make up for the Henry trade and recoup that lost pick.

One thing Davis has done in the past is trade up to get a player he's in love with. What would Davis give up for Leinart or Vince Young ? A new face of the franchise for the "Raider Nation" ? Tempting for Davis. Everyone on the planet knows the Titans will have their chance at selecting at least one of these two potential franchise QB's. Question is, will Al be calling when the Titans are on the clock (or long before hand) and if he's going to be knocking, how hard will he be hitting on Reese's door ?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

i see Al working with Bensen before Reese

i think Leinart would put butts in the seats (pun intended)

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't think a California team would pass on Matt Leinart.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Al Davis is cheap.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

All Davis has to do if he wants a strong arm QB is draft Jay Cutler (which is exactly what some draft sites have him doing). Leinart might not be the strong arm guy the Raiders want and Young still has some quesition marks. They can get Cutler without selling the farm. Just moving up from 6 to 3 would be expensive.

6. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

The Raiders are known for building their teams through FA, not the draft.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Thank god the Raiders did not win that superbowl. Woo hoo! I wouldn't mind sending Volek to the Lions under Martz. I could root for him there. But not with the Raiders. I've only rooted for a few Raiders in my lifetime.

Vince Evans - was a good story cause he pretty much sucked bad, but kept winning.
    David Klingler - one of my boys.

Yep. That's pretty much all I can ever remember.

8. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

That's why they used a first rounder on a meth-loving kicker.

No use trying to predict what Al Davis is going to do, other than swooping down from his skybox in some snazzy rhinestone jump suit.

9. i hope that they get volek because then we know that we will have to get one of the new qaurterbacks, hopefully its vince

10. thnom

thnom Camp Fodder

People seem to forget they drafted a QB in the 3rd round last year - WHO WAS at some point a first rounder and the first QB off the board. Andrew Walter. The talent is in that kid - they just need to give him a chance..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar