Quotes on Vincent Young

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by jcdenton, Apr 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. im not sure if u should really call the vince young bandwagon unofficial we have had this club like thing for a long time its in my sig, the pic

2. Hooky Hornstein

Hooky Hornstein Camp Fodder

There’s 470 miles of Texas south of Dallas and 690 miles of Texas west of Houston. It’s all filled with Texans (real Texans) without a team… until now.

The Cowboys betrayed us when an Arkansas Razorback bought the team and fired Tom Landry, a Texas-ex.

The Oilers betrayed us when Bud Adams fired Earl Campbell’s coach, Bum Phillips.

The Texans betrayed us by passing on Vince Young.

I just ordered a $74 Vince Young Titans jersey (it arrives in 2 to 3 weeks). It feels odd to root for Tennessee but how can we not root for Vince Young’s team. Vince Young is the most incredible athlete we’ve ever seen. He can run like Reggie Bush, pass like Matt Lienart and dominate a game like nobody else any of us have ever seen.

I hope there’s room on the bandwagon, because I’m proud to be a new fan of the Tennessee Titans: the next great dynasty.

3. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

When people were saying the Texans would gain a lot of fan support if they drafted Vince Young, I thought they were just stupid. You guys do realize that the Texans already had a former number 1 overall pick and not a bad player at qb, right ?? In any case, welcome aboard. The more the merrier.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

what a bunch of idiots

5. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

..maybe/maybe not, but whatever... looks like we just doubled our fan base

6. Hooky Hornstein

Ya think?

So... are you a former Oilers fan who's now rooting for a team that just happens to be 657 miles away from where it once was?

Or... did you swap your allegience for some other team just to become a Tennessee Titans fan?

Or... are you perhaps a Tennessee resident, in other words, a relative newbie to the NFL who didn't even really have a team until 1997 when you got the Titans?

And yet I'm an idiot for wishing to follow Vince Young's career?

Hmmm...

Well, whatever. I'm just delighted to be here with you, my Titan brother. :))

7. Hooky Hornstein

It's not about the Texans. I don't live in Houston. I have no connection to the Texans.

I don't even like their name. Texans? Bah! How bland. And with a city like Houston to work with too. They could've been the Houston Humidity or the Houston Mosquitoes or the Houston Immigrants. Now that might've been interesting. But nooooo.... They went with the Texans. How innocuous (read - Boring!) can you get?

BTW, speaking of nicknames, I suppose you've all studied Greek mythology and you realize the Titans didn't live happily ever after.

But I guess that's neither here nor there.

At any rate, why the heck should I feel obligated to root for the Texans? I'm a Texas Longhorn fan first and foremost and one of Texas' brightest and best has become a Titan. If that's connection is not as logical as loving an NFL team that could pick up and move someday just because it happens to be in your city right now. Well then, I don't know what is.

8. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Forgive me, but it sounds like you are more a fan of a player than a team. If you don't think it's logical to be a fan of an NFL team based on location (because they might one day move)... how much less logical is it to be the fan of a team because of a player (that might one day be traded/cut)? It seems like the latter case is much more likely to happen...

9. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

The majority of fanbase that is being picked up is not the Texans fans, but the UT fans, and you have no clue how loyal Longhorn fans are to Mr. Young. Think M.J and North Carolina, and you get an inkling of a clue.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

first place I am not your brother :brow:

2nd place I cheer on a team not a player. I don't go goo goo eyed over players, now a scantily clad cheerleader is another story :winker:

I don't have favorites on a team and haven't in many, many yrs.
    Doesn't matter who my team was before the Oilers moved to Nashville. They are here and that is what counts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar