Questions before the draft

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Here's a few questions prior to the draft.
    1. Which player exiting the Titans rooster will effect the team most? (Starks, Odom........)

2. Which FA pick up will contribute the most? (Carr, Kearse, McCareins.........)

3. Which <u>exiting</u> player will have the biggest effect on the Titans draft?

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

1.) Odom

2.) Crumpler

3.) Pacman...we'll now be looking to fill secondary and special teams holes because of that idiot.

3. jmac1383

jmac1383 Guest

1. Which player exiting the Titans rooster will effect the team most? Odom- Now we need a DE- one that would have the most endurence and could stop the run.
    2. Which FA pick up will contribute the most? Crumpler

3. Which exiting player will have the biggest effect on the Titans draft?
    pacman

4. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Odom, it would have been Bell but Scott is an even swap, IMO.

Crumpler.

Odom/LaBoy. Who else? PacMan most likely isn't going anywhere, we replaced Bell with Scott, and Starks was just a backup.

5. fitantitans

For question #3, I had thought about Pacman to. He could accually effect our draft in two ways;
    1. We have to replace him, if possible.
    2. If he's traded, he might bring the Titans an extra selection this year.

Because of our need of productive TEs, Crumpler will probably fill that need. I feel that Kearse and Carr were brought in to fill special needs, not to be used on every down. McCareins is not much better than the other WRs on the payroll.
    If Scott turns out to be better than Bell, then the swap was worth while.
    Trying to make sense of our FA deals during the off season, I'm still having problems trying to figure out the "whys". Why no WR when its obviously our biggest need. Are they hoping to draft someone out of college to fill our #1 roll? Fat chance, although scanning through our roster its possible, but only on our team.
    Why beef-up the defense and not the offense? The defense saved our butts in 07. The offense was a no-show.

6. 1. Odom

2. Crumpler

3. Odom (pacman makes no impact because we already didn't have him last year)

7. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

True, but this year his absence will actually effect our draft. Last year it didn't.

8. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

1) Odom, although I think that he is highly overrated. He was better than Starks, but he wasn't productive until last year. That was only because he had KVB and Haynesworth on the line with him.

2) Crumpler (if healthy)

3) Troupe (jk)....but seriously, probably Odom, even though I think Kearse and Fisher will be just as effective if not more effective than Starks/Odom

9. fitantitans

He didn't hold a roster spot last year did he?

10. smili

smili Starter

Odom

I hope its the new offensive guard Scott we picked up from Indy. Losing Jacob Bell creates some big shoes to fill. If he's not as sound we'll feel it bad with Olsen retiring too.

Probably Odom. I think we should draft heavy Def Line this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar