Questions and answers...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gut, Nov 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

First question...

Who are the players...in order...to the right of the OC on FG plays? Whomever was the RT spot fell forward, blocked NO ONE, and allowed a huge gap through which 3 Raven players went! The RG also got run over but that MIGHT have been OK if the RT didn't fall out of the way.

If you noticed, the Ravens used the same FG block formation from the successful FG in the first quarter bu they overloaded our left side. The final FG attempt they overloaded our right.

What defense WERE the Titans in on the gamewinning TD pass? Just before the snap Hope is saying something to Pac...did he hear him? A couple things have been suggested from cover 2 to 3 to 4 to man. It definitely wasn't cover 3 as there was NO safety right down the middle nor 2 deep cb's. It doesn't look like cover 2 because Pac man didn't squat down on the flat receiver to his side...instead he backed up...appearing to play a zone type coverage. This leaves cover 4. Considering the Titans have been burned by playing cover 2 around the 10 yd line vs 3 receivers to one side (with a slot running a corner route), cover 4 would be a logical call as teams might try to run the same corner route on us. However...Pac wasn't playing a deep quarter either. To further complicate things...Sirmon took a step towards the flat route but then backpedals as the pass goes past.

Clearly, the Titans back coverage (CB's and S's) were not in sync with each other AND the under coverage (LB's) were not in sync with the deep coverage. Even looking just to the strong side of the field (the overloaded side since they had 3 receivers) they had 2 players wide open. This wasn't one player making a terrible mistake (as LT did on that playaction to Clayton), the whole back 7 were out of sync and that can't happen.

I'm guessing there was a miscommunication between Hope and Pac or Pac blew the coverage, but Pac's been in this D for 2 years, Hope is a vet, Sirmon's a vet...so what's going on? A terrible day for Pac or is this back to a coaching problem? BTW, my highschool football team makes fewer blown coverages than the Titans do!

What's going on with Pac? People were saying Pac's an awesome player and we shouldn't be expected to be able to compete against the Jags without AH and Pacman. Well, we had Pac in this one. How'd he do? McNair threw for 370+ yards. Who's giving them up??? Certainly a good argument can be made that Pac gave up the gamewinner in this one!

What do you all think needs to be done to right this ship???

And BTW, we certainly buck NFL convention....when you're winning, have a turnover advantage, get a lot of carries, win the TOP battle AND the other team has 8+ penalties.....YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO WIN...with or without the officials!!! In this one, we sure snatched DEAFEAT from the jaws of VICTORY!!!

Gut

2. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Amano and Geisinger were yesterday.

On the TD pass they were in quarters. (cover-4)

I've heard Pacman had an attitude after getting pulled off the punt return for the last punt. But I've also heard he was all right with it. May or may not have been an issue.

3. DeutschTitan

DeutschTitan Camp Fodder

We should've had our starting OL in on the last FG attempt or we should've pulled a fake kick and throw ala Vikings style.

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not sure if Pac was totally at fault on the TD to Mase or not. I do know except for that play very few of those passing yards were thrown his way.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

With the exception of the final passing TD, Jones had a decent day coverage wise. Mason for most of the day was very quiet, and finished with a below average YPC. I would give his coverage a B-, with the blown coverage resulting in the TD, I would lower it to a C-. This, coupled with some horrendous ST play, bumps his grade to a F for the day.

Not every player has great days. The difference is, can you actually have A games (and Pac has), or will you consistantly have F games, with some decent games sprinkled in (hello LT), or just plain garbage (hello Rey!).

6. most of them were due to hill

7. A.D.

A.D. It's (insert day of week here) & Colts still SUCK Staff

Withers blamed Pacman. From the City Paper:

<blockquote>Mason had an assist from a blown Titans coverage, the second one of the game to result in a touchdown. This one came courtesy of cornerback Adam “Pacman” Jones, who was back after serving a one-game suspension last week. Mason went in motion to Jones’ side, but was released free on the route, leaving him open in the end zone.

“He should take him,” defensive backs coach Everett Withers said of Jones on the play. “They got us in a couple of situations with motion that affected us. We’ve just got to play better. We can’t have those plays.” </blockquote>

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index....&news_id=53216

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Even with the blown coverage the coaches have to be better prepared for those scenarios. “They got us in a couple of situations with motion that affected us. We’ve just got to play better. We can’t have those plays.” Souonds like the preperation wasn't good.
    We should remember that it was Hill that go beat on a 34 yarder prior to the TD. There were about 3 wide open receivers on the TD play.

9. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

Why Stewart was not in there at RT for that FG is beyond me. That was pathetic.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Actually is was supposed to be Loper, but he is injured. Obviously we have a different set of blockers on special teams for FG's. We may need to rethink that.

On the blown coverage, the announcers (Buerline) was saying this was a classic safety coverage, and Hope bit on the TE, and should have stayed in the middle for coverage. The TE did end up with double coverage, so he may be right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar