Question for the locals.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by A Fightin'Titan, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

For all the ladies and gentlemen who frequent games regularly, I wanted to know how CJ behaves and acts while at the stadium and in general around Nashville. Is he a cool kind of guy or a straight up *ss?

I was at the probowl this year (great time) and during my stay my whole goal was to get my CJ jersey signed. I have a real nice, legit all pro jersey that I paid top dollar for and was hoping to get a signature on it.

So I end up going to an AFC practice knowing that players will typically sign material after for the fans. I got there earlier, found a great seat (the GF didnt find it necessary to come), and was primed when the players started to exit. But guess what? CJ doesn't acknowledge ANYONE! He didnt even turn his head. Walked straight in with the other players, practiced, straight out. Nothing more. And i mean, there werent too many fans in Tenn. blue either. He wasnt in for a long haul.

Out of all the players you wanna know who hung out and signed the most? Mr. Manning himself. Probably the one player I despise the most haha (but I will say he gained a lot of respect) walked the entire length of the field and signed tonnes of material. I'd say 45 min. or so. Also guys that took time out for the fans were Rivers, Lewis, and even Mariani (although not a whole lot + not my section).

It really irritated me to see all these top superstars doing what they should do, and all the while, the only guy I wanted to get didnt give the slightest gesture.

After the practice I obviously went to the game. Even here he acted like the crowd was non existant. I got down literally right behind the AFC bench with 7 min to go since people were leaving. Best seats in the house. All throughout that time I was there I never seen CJ turn around once. No wave to the crowd. Nothing. All the players were shouting and waving to the crowd including Jamal Charles who was standing next to CJ!But he didnt turn around once from what I saw. It just really blew me away seeing how little he cared about anything.

I also talked to a lady in the stands who's son had a Johnson jersey like mine but with a signature on it. She said they went to one of the first practices and even then CJ didnt sign anything. They caught him off to the side and he decided to sign two items, her boys jersey and something else for someone else.

All in all I was really disappointed and wanted to see if this was an isolated incident or if he always acts this way. I mean, somehow I bumped into AP not once but twice at the party in the street. I saw him signing a boatload of stuff for people.

(sorry for the rant, its been brewing for 4 months lol.)

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

best I can tell he minds his business and don't cause trouble.

3. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Maybe he needed to be somewhere and if he signs for you, he'll have to sign for others.

And for a c0cky guy, he actually seems like a shy person (which is why I think he chews gum during interviews, don't think he's intentionally being rude), so that could be for it when you say he never acknowledges people.

4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

I honestly think he has some anxiety issues when it comes to speaking/interacting with large groups.

5. A Fightin'Titan

A Fightin'Titan Starter

And really thats all I could ask for. Stay out of trouble and we're cool. Britt on the other hand.....

Well, like I said there was probably at most, 10 titans fans there. Probably only 5 with jerseys. He could've hooked up the actual Titans fans and a few others which would've taken up 10 mins of his holiday.

Plus we're in Waikiki, Honolulu. Its the Pro Bowl which is for the fans. These practices are typically just for the fans. They run a few basic vanilla plays on offense,defense and a few different on special teams and thats it. Then sign stuff and take pictures/interviews. Alot of other players did it. Like CJ is more busy or important than Peyton Manning? I love him as a player but doubt it.

I didnt even stick around for the NFC I was so pissed.

I hear this point as well. Yeah i've seen interviews where you get this vibe, and yeah that may be too bad. But I still think reaching out to the fans isn't asking too much.

I'm still hoping to hear how he acts at Titans games.

6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

could it be his shakes? not making fun of him or anything but he may not have a lot of self-esteem due to that... and something as simple as being made fun of when he was little may have carried through his entire life

i do a bit of counseling and he sort of lines up with that... he doesn't speak too much.. he's very quiet during interviews... yet he usually voices his opinions through clients that don't involve voice to ear interaction such as twitter.. reason for that is that he'll have more time to think about what he's about to say instead of just saying it on the spot so he doesn't sound stupid in saying it (get what I'm sayin'?)

like the police incident recently... we heard his reaction through twitter, not through him personally at the scene...

maybe to him, less interaction through fans means less people know about his condition (which we really truly don't know what it is at all, we just have an idea)

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

i seen him at walgreens on 226 Fifth street , his pants were hanging down below his knees and him and his buddy were trying to hit on a couple white girls that looked 15 years old. i didnt bother talking to him, cause they seemed unapproachable.

8. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Odd, because I saw him at Swett's with skinny jeans that I have no doubt that he was suffocating anything and everything below his waist.

To the OP, it seems like an isolated 'incident' (if you want to call it that). I've seen him several times at places like Swett's and (i think) Nuttin' But Wings*, and he is a really humble guy in person. Atleast from what I noticed. He signed my jersey with no hassle and actually bought my food on one occasion. The dude's pretty cool in my book, no matter how media try to portray him. :hmm:

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

CJ doesn't wear baggy jeans. The guy shops at Hollister. lol... which is hilarious to me.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

DW knows what kind of pants another dude wears... which is hilarious too me
    [​IMG]
    HiYooooooo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar