Question.........do you buy a D or buy an O with your 40 mil or do you mix it up with

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Corner BY FAR is our most pressing need

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

not even close.

Run Defense is by far the most pressing need

3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

In spending FA money, I think you have to go after pieces that are hard to find in the draft...CB and DE. I'd target Freeney, Justin Smith, or Thomas at DE and then target Samuel or Clements at CB.

I am not satisfied with the OLINE just yet and if money allowed would bring in Steinbach.

We need to find VY some weapons. I think the 1st rnd pick goes offense again unless we can't get a DE or CB in FA or unless we trade down to a spot that makes MLB/safety a value pick.

4. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Draft the O, speed. Buy the D.

5. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm in the spend the FA money on the D camp. I'm not in the spend it for spending it sake camp though. Your right, everyone else will have a wedge of cash too & we may not be able to do a trolley dash around the league

No matter who comes in this is the most important part of how the money is spent :thumb:

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Just because Mawae wants to play until he's 40 doesn't mean it'll happen. Bruce went into a steady decline his last few years. And I don't expect anyone to tell a player at mid-season that they are not a part of the team's long-term plans.

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We do need to look for depth at OG and C so when Benji and Mawae hang it up we have guys to step in. Some of that can come through the draft where we have had good luck with 4th and 5th round picks. Amano looks like he might be a keeper for a cheap price now as a backup so I'd resign him.

Bell looks fine to me at OG and he can back up the other OL positions. If we draft a quality OG that can unseat Bell or Olsen then fine.

I agree with Bongo that much of our inability to run the ball for the last two seasons has been the play calling. Chow has virtually ruined the run game with his scheme which only works if we are playing a panzy defense. Chris Brown can vouch for that as well. The OL has done well protecting the QB IMO.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I tend to disagree. I think it is more about individual matchups. If you can't get a push on the player across from you, no scheme is going to overcome it.

I'm tired of seeing a RB hit two yards in the backfield.

9. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it's both. When we have good matchups, the scheme is better, but I don't think we've seen a "great" offensive scheme by Chow yet. We've got two power backs now, lets work with that power.

10. Brian

Brian Big Fan

Keep A-Rod and sign some starting pitching.

Oh, wait!!! We're talking about football off-season. When's that start?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar