Question.........do you buy a D or buy an O with your 40 mil or do you mix it up with

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by bongo59, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

draft picks...............????

Personally, I'd buy the D first and build the O thru the draft................Defense is portable and can be brought anywhere and keep you in any game.............think 2004 Bears................let the O gel as youngsters..................together. Discuss...............I am interested in other views and reason why they have those views.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Washington prove you can't buy a good team.

I'd buy both an O-Line and D-Line if the quality is there.

Having a good O and D line will help the team immensely.

3. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

i would submit very little needs to be done to the OL.............depth is it..........the DL needs work............but we have 40 mil to spend............and we need alot...............the questions asks a different issue.............how do you allocate your dollars...............best way to get better fast is bring in some talent that you know can play.........and play right away......................that is tougher on O than on D................that is why I like the idea of allocating most of our money on D for FA and the rest via the draft on O

4. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

First of all JF & FR need to go, but thats a different story for a different time

But we desperately need more talented/impact player(s) on the DL(besides AH & KVB) and in the secondary (Besides Hope & pac)

Tulloch needs to start over Sirmon, let the kid learn, run wild & make plays
    LB is set with Keith Steve & David

this defense is just atrocious right now

I'd definitely go after Clements in the offseason & find some sort of impact D-lineman, so the money needs to go the Defense by far IMO

My 3 choices in the draft that i'd like would be Calvin Johnson, LaRon Landry or Gaines Adams.

Either of the 3 will most likely be impact players in there own ways

The offense is pretty much set with Vince, LenDale, BJ & Givens, and Troupe & Scaife. Even though i do agree Calvin Johnson would actually give us an impact player a defense would have to gameplan around. Probably find a future replacement for Mawae through the draft if they feel Amano isn't the answer. I'd also find a replacement for Olson this offseason also, most likely through FA.

5. Hellblitzer

Hellblitzer Guest

Well you brought in 3 on the D side this year. And you brought in 2 on the O side. I say you have to see who's available.

First I'd sign Haynesworth to a very friendly deal... has he given any of that signing bonus back yet, you can use that as leverage. Try and get Robaire back and Rien Long might come cheap. Bennett the only thing close to a real WR we have.

You need a good corner with experience for the "kids" to learn from, you have to figure Pac is a smigin away from going to jail or being off the team at any point.

Middle linebacker, were going to have to have one. Sirmon stinks!

An offenseive playmaker that every D will have to scheme around. A great TE and/or WR. RB can be gotten in the draft.

Defensive end... yep the "buckshot draft" failed.

I say grab nothing but studs in the draft, even if it means drafting up and getting nothing on the 2nd day. We need at least 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders. All this late talent is almost a waste, we find a jewel sometimes but here lately it hasnt paid off.

6. bongo59

bongo59 Starter

the reason I ask................the team coming to Nashville this week likely will be broken up...............next yr...................they have alot of Defensive talent we are looking for.................there is a chance Rolle MacCallister Reed AThomas all could be shown the door.......even Ray ray maybe moved..........................more likely is a combo of the above..................one of those CB's would be nice...............Reed is a FA and he will command major dollars........and maybe even he gets tagged............if he does several current Ravens will have to go............plus ray ray is on record of needing more dollars..............JLewis is also a FA next yr....................AThomas is the one most likely gone...............he will command major dollars but he is 29 yrs old but is a great edge rusher and can play 5 different spots....................he is a guy i'd go after.

7. Nine

Nine Starter

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I am certain Ed Reed was resigned.

Heck if he is available I'd spend it all on him, that guy can just play.

9. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

spend most of the money on the D (I agree with you a good defense keeps you in games, and with VY we will win a lot of those close ones), but get an offensive playmaker through the draft and one through FA- Calvin Johnson and if your rumor is true Bongo possibly Willis McGahee would be my plan- LenDale, Willis, Calvin, and Vince would just be demoralizing for a defense, man we would be the best rushing offense next year- LenDale can pound it at you, line Willis and LW in a split back run option with Willis, then lineup Willis keep LW in the backfield, and drop back and throw it deep to Calvin Johnson- now thats the stuff dreams are made of...

10. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

also get my sleeper of the draft this year Johnathon Wade, a more physical Devin Hester...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar