Question about the probowl skills competition

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RyansTitans, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Moon works for SeaHawks radio as a commentator so maybe that explains which jersey he was wearing.

2. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Well the fumbles were off a bad snap on 3rd and 1 where Vince tries to pick it up and advance it for the first and somebody strips it at he's trying to tuck it.

Vince was 4/10 and Manning was 5/12, guess Manning needs to "earn" his next appereance too.

Comeon, this is the Pro Bowl, it's a show game, it means nothing either way.

3. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Very few QBs (especially rookies) will have amazing stats with players they've only worked with for a few days. Palmer was only 8 of 17 (47%) and he won game MVP.

4. paraconspiracy

paraconspiracy long time browser no more

truth be told i didnt even watch the game... and i am probably one of the biggest VY fans here. i was working and i just saw the stats.

i really hate manning, he's worked very hard on one system and when that alters, he screws up... but c'mon... bad comparison. i'm glad vince got the experience. but he was the (4th?) alternate. Manning was the leading vote getter, threw less ints, had less fumbles, better comp %, & 4 less yards passing. manning deserved to be there more any way you look at it.

i just want vince to really earn his next visit. to say ha deserved to be there and play great. i dont want him to expect rewards for coming up short. i'm glad he didn't play great... better motivation for next time.
    if he'd played amazing then maybe somewhere deep down he woulda thought
    "VY has arrived" and not worked as hard to get back. thats all i was saying. not getting hostile about it or anything.

5. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

Ok, Manning had a better completion percentage by about 2% rounding up, and he had four less yards with two more attempts. Honestly, I think those pretty similar numbers. Also, Vince has his motivation, Idk if you watched any of his interviews from Hawaii, but he kept talking about how he wants to see more Titans there next year and he expects us to get into the playoffs and make some noise.

6. does anyone have a link to a video of thes kills competition

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

[​IMG]

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

VYs stats for the game didn't reflect on how bad he looked on a few plays. On the fumble he drops the snap from center and then fumbles the ball again (reminded me of papa Mac). Two fumbles on one play. The int he threw looked like a girl throw. He needs to work on his mechanics on short throws. His long throws were pretty impressive but his short throws are pathetic.

As for the skills competition VY must not have competed. We all know if he did he would have won ALL events including the QB competition but also the 40 yard dash (fastest) and the bench press (strongest). The guy is super human. We need to start calling him DAA Vince.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar