Question about rendering HD videos

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RyansTitans, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Good to be back.

Is anybody familiar with Sony Vegas? Well, If you are smart and know what you're doing I have some questions. First of all I just want to say I know how to edit a video, I know how to render the video at the best possible quality that I need. BUT. I want to know what in your computer makes you able to render videos faster?

Right now I do the whole YouTube commentary over game play thing. Madden, COD etc. It takes me around 30 minutes to render out a 5 - 7 minute video. It just seems like a rather long time and I'm sure there are ways to speed it up.

My computer specs are not the best by any means so I am wondering what I'd need to upgrade in order to get these videos rendered faster.

I would THINK it's the processor that would determine your speed rendering videos and such but I'm not sure. I was thinking of getting myself a laptop for video editing once I figure out what I need. Probably an i7 processor. Here are my current specs.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium
    Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5400 @ 2.70 GHz (2 CPUs)
    4 GB of RAM
    Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset

:suspect:

Simplified question: What in your computer is used to render videos? Processor? Graphics card?
  2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Rendering is depedant on processor speed and your video card.
  3. RyansTitans

Got it. So if I bought a laptop that has an i7 processor and a medium to high end video card it would be great then?
  4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

In theory, yes. Rendering is always a long process, if you want to spend the money for an upgrade go right ahead. But is it really worth saving a few minutes?
  5. RyansTitans

It's just a few minutes? Meh, I might just stay with what I got then. I thought it'd be a huge difference. I wish I could render in real time. 5 minute videos taking 5 minutes to render would be ideal. Oh well.
  6. VolnTitan

VolnTitan Starter

Why are you using Sony Vegas?
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I used Final Cut Pro for all my video editing and that's how it is.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.