Question about DE? Jason Pierre-Paul vs Morgan

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titan_fan_4ever, Mar 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pierre-Paul and Griffen were not big production guys either. I would put Dunlap over them.

Which DE blocked 4 kicks in his college career?

Dunlap ran a 4.61 40 on a wet surface on his pro day and he is the one you eliminate from the equation? He also has one of the best 10 yard splits1.61 & 1.60) despite being the biggest DE in this top group. The biggest DE ran OLB times!

Which of the top ends can get stronger and benefit the most from a guy like Washburn?

2. boscobrian315

boscobrian315 Starter

McClain

At first, I thought we had no chance at McClain at #16, but now I don't know if we would grab him if he was there. MLB is not our mst glaring need, but this guy looks great on paper. Now with the Chrones thing he is slipping right to us. the quewstion is do we lock him up? I just don't know. Would we pass on Haden to get this guy? What if they are both there?? Hurry up April!

3. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

Exactly...

Kindle...with someone else as the focus had 10 sacks. Hughes coming out of nowhere, had 15. This past season, with Kindle, Hughes, Graham, and Morgan as the focus...Kindle had 6 sacks, Hughes had 11, Graham and Morgan had 12. If Kindle, Hughes and Graham are the favorites to be 3-4 OLB's...why would you take Kindle over the other 2? Kindle has shown he needs help getting to the QB (as in he needs pressure taken off him) while the others don't.

Interestingly enough, JPP was exactly in the position that Kindle was in last year...he had a proven pass rusher on the other side to take pressure off him. Kindle had 10 sacks...JPP only had 6 and is still projected a 1st rnd pick?

Gut

4. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

We pretty much knew Dunlap would test well in "shorts". IDC about his combine or pro day numbers I care about his on field production, off the field troubles, and lack of work ethic/uninterested attitude he displays.

He doesn't look that fast on game tape.

5. 24

24 Starter

You keep talking about JPP's lack of production, but like I said before, he only started 7 games, and this was his first season in Div. I. That's a very important fact. Also, you keep talking about Selvie taking the pressure off JPP? I think it's the opposite. Coaches focused on JPP more, which would mean Selvie should've had more production. There's a reason JPP is a first round prospect, and Selvie is a third round prospect. Coaches aren't stupid, they'll focus on the better player, not the more experienced.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Tough call on who I would pick if I was making the decision. The freekish guys, Dunlap, JPP and Griffen have the highest upsides but also have the highest bust potential.

Morgan is probably the best combo of productivity and athleticism. Hard to pass him up if he is there.

Graham is freekish in that despite not having long arms, ht, wt, raw speed and all he is virtually unblockable. The guy is amazing how he gets off blocks and has tremendous instincts. I'm probably leaning most to him just because he would be a very good fit at RDE as our replacement for KVB.

Hughes is the best edge rusher in the draft and although a little small he could be a real stud as a pure rusher. IMO this kid will be scary on any team 4-3 or 3-4.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Dunlap was a very productive player at Florida the last 2 years. Are you suggesting he was not?

9 sacks and 6 blocked passes in each of the last 2 years is solid production. He also blocked 3 punts and blocked a FG in a national championship game in which his team won by 10.

He plays well against good teams not just the crap teams. He has played well in his 2 bowl games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar