Quentin Groves DE Auburn

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

those are a lot of "ifs" and "bets" for a guy we're going to take in the first.

i mean, i like groves as much as the next guy, but if we're going to draft a complimentary player we might as well take derrick harvey in the second.

2. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

No way Derrick Harvey lasts to our pick in the 2nd round.

I'd be surprised if he lasted to our pick in the 1st round.

You need to consider the long-term needs of the team, not just next year. How many more years can we count on KVB? He turns 30 this season.

I think Groves (or Harvey for that matter) would be an outstanding pick when we choose. With almost half the league running a 3-4, anyone with his size is automatically labelled a rush OLB.

I watched 2 games this year where Groves was very strong against the run and his explosion out of his 3-point stance was phenomenal.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

Lets just trade Miami Vince Young for there number 1 pick and Ted Ginn. Then with the First overall choice take Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston. Round 2 draft a QB. Chad Henne maybe or somehow pick up Anderson in Free Agency then draft Desean Jackson or Malcom Kelly.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

The whole draft is "ifs" and "bets." Wake up and smell the fantasy.

Carpy is right. Harvey won't be there in the 2nd. Give the edge to Groves anyway.

When we took Pacman (too early for another example) he was "complimentary." We took a guy we played in the nickle and special teams at #6.

We drafted Bulluck well before we needed him to start.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not true, he played the outside about three weeks into the regular season.
    we picked him with a solid team with a lot of depth. i don't think we are in the same position to make that type of pick this year.

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Interesting comment about Pacman by GLinks because I don't remember pacman playing any NB at all.

I have no problem drafting a guy like Groves even if we keep Odom if he is rated high enough. I'm not sure Groves is a good fit as a replacment for Odom because he is little small for a strong side DE. Still, the positions a team really has to look hard at in the draft in the 1st round on defense are DE and CB. Anytime you can get a real high quality guy at either of those positions you have to consider it.

Leodis McKelvin or Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie might be CBs worth considering. We could use a good young CB and both of those guys can contribute on kick returns.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Groves makes up his size with speed, strengh, stamina, and agility. He reminds me of a Julius Peppers. A CB should be drafted in the 3rd maybe after we draft Earl Bennett.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Peppers has 30 pound on Groves. Not really a good comparison.
    Don't get me wrong, I like Groves alot and if he is the best guy available I think we should take him.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Hmmm...maybe I am smelling the fantasy there...:ha:

Again, in my view, Groves would not be drafted to replace odom. If we lose him, we look to someone like Pace or Burgess. It's also why we have Fisher. Groves is to replace LaBoy only.

I think Rodgers-Cromartie is a round two CB at the moment. His hype might carry him into one, but I don't see it yet. There's still a long way to go.

I think Antoine Cason would be our CB of choice in one. I'm not sold on McKelvin, but right now I think he goes above our pick.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I think Peppers gained alot as his career went on. Groves just reminds me of a sort of a pure pass rusher like Peppers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar