Quarterbacks in the '11 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 4, 2011.

?
  1. Andy Dalton

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Pat Devlin

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Blaine Gabbert

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Colin Kaepernick

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Jake Locker

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. Ryan Mallett

22 vote(s)
    29.3%
  7. Cameron Newton

11 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. Christian Ponder

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  9. Ricky Stanzi

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I will not understand why people want Mallett! Have your heard the guy talk? I was embarrassed by for him by his attitude at the skills challenge. Plus, he is tall, but has NO Muscle, and looked like he had a beer gut. Keep this future NFL headache away from the Titans.

2. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

Only QB I could live with drafting are Gabbert, Newton, Locker, Kaepernick, and Dalton. On the fence about Ponder his durability and arm strength worry me.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

sooo... which QBs don't you want...?

4. KyTitan

KyTitan Rookie

Looks to me like Mallett is the only one.:lol:

5. p_funk

p_funk Hillbilly Titan

With where we pick in the draft, #8. I would like to see us wait until the second round to pick either Mallett, although after hearing about his issues maybe not so much any more. My next 2 would be Locker, I really think he was a product having a bad surrounding cast this past season. Then Ponder, every time i have watched him play He has impressed me. I am not sold on Newton, i just think he is going to turn into a 2 to 3 year project that is going to turn out to be a waste. And that is the last thing we need.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

7. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Agreed...I had him high on my list in the beginning, but he has fallen fast. If the drug rumors were not true there was no reason for him not to address them today. If he couldn't handle the pressure of the scouting combine press conference, how is he going to handle the pressure of being a NFL QB?

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. 24

24 Starter

I'm not on the Mallett bandwagon, but I think the media is overplaying the issue. I watched the interview, and he was asked that same question 5 times. I would get annoyed as well. Mortensen tweeted afterwards that Mallett actually did well in team interviews. I wonder what he said?

Also, the Bengals are reportedly very interested in Gabbert.

9. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

That's because he refused to answer five times. This was a Mark McGuire saying "I'm not here to talk about the past!"

Mallett blew it, plain and simple. He showed who he was, and who he wasn't.... both were bad. He didn't understand that this was part of the test; he thought that media interviews were just created to shower him with roses. Nothing good can come from this.

10. NYCTitanfan84

NYCTitanfan84 Special Teams Standout

Agreed. Theres a point where its like move on to the next question. He said he spoke about it to all the teams..and word is that he's actually had some pretty good interviews so far. Its much more important for him that the teams know whats going on and think he can be a leader..than the media...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar