Quarterbacks in the '11 Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by xpmar9x, Jan 4, 2011.

?
  1. Andy Dalton

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  2. Pat Devlin

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. Blaine Gabbert

9 vote(s)
    12.0%
  4. Colin Kaepernick

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. Jake Locker

18 vote(s)
    24.0%
  6. Ryan Mallett

22 vote(s)
    29.3%
  7. Cameron Newton

11 vote(s)
    14.7%
  8. Christian Ponder

8 vote(s)
    10.7%
  9. Ricky Stanzi

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You really are in the 5.1% aren't you?

2. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

No way I want Cam Newton. Give me a polished product, please. Especially at 8 overall...

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

4. bmoretitansfan2

bmoretitansfan2 Practice Squad

i don't think its worth our first round pick to draft any of these QBs. IF we do decide to go QB first round i think that Mallet is our guy. i think we can wait until the second or third round to draft someone like an Andy Dalton. we dont need a QB that'll throw the ball 40-50 times a game. we just need a qb to manage the game and make completions on third and short and occasionally take a shot deep and i think Dalton can give us that and we can go defense in the 1st round

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I like Dalton, like Devlin and Ponder better, but I agree it's better to wait this year on a QB. It would not shock me for the 2nd tier QBs (Devlin, Ponder, Dalton, Stanzi) to have better careers then the top tier (Gabbert, Locker, Newton, Mallett). This is just an odd year for QB where you have a lot of projects at the top. I should note that I want no part of Mallett, and he is falling in mocks quickly. There have been reports from scouts that he is the next Ryan Leaf, has major attitude concerns (me-first), and have been reports of a cocaine addiction.

6. adamwinn51

adamwinn51 Starter

If we draft Locker I think I might need to find a new team--I got 23 years invested in this franchise, and I would start from scratch if we drafted Locker. I have seen him play a lot and he sucks!! His team might not be that great, but if he is then he should elevate them. He had 0 yards in the first half of his bowl game against Nebraska people . . . 0!!!!!! Jay Culter did not have a strong supporting cast at Vandy, and he never put up ty numbers that Locker has put up. He is terrible and will be a huge bust . . . we draft Locker and I may have to call it quits . . .

7. xpmar9x

Jay Cutlers best year at Vandy: 3073 passing yards, 59.1 Comp%, 22 Totals TDs, 9 INTs
    Jake Lockers best year at Wash: 2800 passing yards, 55.4 Comp%, 28 TOTAL TDs, 11 INTs

Cutlers worst game: 11 for 32 (34%), 113 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs. -20 rushing yards 0 TDs (vs LSU 10/8/04)

Lockers bowl game stats: 5 for 16 (31%), 56 yards, 0 TDs, 0 INTS. 83 rushing yards, 1 TD

8. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Great post...I like Locker, but I also want to see how he does at the Senior Bowl before I say he is worth a top 10 pick. In my opinion he is the only QB in this draft that should be on our board in the first 2 rounds. After him Id rather wait on Devlin or Ponder in the 3rd.

9. xpmar9x

I don't think Locker is worth the #8 pick, no matter how he does in the senior bowl. I don't think there are ANY QBs in this draft worth the #8 pick. I'd b happy with Mallett, Gabbert, or Locker with our 2nd rounder, or Ponder in the 3rd.

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Can't take Gabbert. Fisher would call him "Gabby".

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar