Quarterback Rankings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by titans92790, May 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

Making this thread to hear what everyone's opinions are on the quarterback prospects for the upcoming draft. Give me your 1-5 QB's along with why you ranked them in that position.

2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Bridgewater - easily the best tape out of the bunch. Some stupid nice throws that just pops off the screen.

Carr - while his tape doesn't reflect his over all grade, this one is here because of projection. Mechanics need some fixing, and I'm not drafting him to throw 75 screens a game. I want him to put the ball in the short to intermediate area while calling the shots at the line. West coast offense.

Garopolo - projection of +release and mechanics to over come his jitters. 2nd round.

Murray - accuracy, smart and has the ability and balls to throw the premier back shoulder pass. Poor mans drew brees

Manziel - plus hand size tends to go over well in the pros. Must reign in his need to move around so much but a possible sleeper given the right situation and coaches.

3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

It is a hard one to rank

4. dtm586

dtm586 The Master Jedi

Lol Bortles not even in the top 5 eh?

Now with recent speculation the Titans may select him at 11 - either the entire franchise or you will look real bad and the other will look real good - will see in 3 years I guess ha

5. titans92790

titans92790 Starter

same story every year..

6. Clark

The guy can play. I see too many inconsistencies tho. When the word around him is "you gotta watch a lot of film to see everything for the next level" - I swerve. He has the size to produce but I'm gonna say his ceiling will be greatly affected by the team that drafts him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Clark

And it's not about me looking "good" or bad.

I'll stand firmly and say I missed on both locker and kaepernick. Locker I over gauged his athletics for the ability to run a pro offense and I under gauged the idea that kaps mechanics could get better. His wonky ass release was a flat out no go... Plus 99 percent of the time he ran in college. I didn't "project" enough.

So yea. I don't mind having misses.

I also thought Russell Wilson looked the most pro ready.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Yeah, his mechanics can be absolute garbagio at times....and that is worrysome. On the plus side, when he is on, he is on. He has a good arm, can be much more accurate than Jake, and has the size. I guess only time will tell.

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I'm not a college expert by any means. I'd just be throwing crap against the wall and hoping it sticks. So I'll just make a few quick points:

- Bridgewater is my #1 QB. I value tape over pro days.
    - I like Manziel more than most, although I agree he comes along with huge bust potential and clearly has character concerns.
    - I don't really get all the Bortles love either. Not saying he won't be good, but #1 QB? Based on what exactly?
    - I think Aaron Murray is most likely to be the one who makes a bunch of teams regret passing on him.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

1. Bridgewater - love the accuracy, the character (football nerd, work ethic). Most pro ready IMHO
    2. Carr - I like the guy, and think he could flourish in whiz system... But his performance under pressure makes me nervous
    3. Murray - think he could be steal of the whole draft. If we don't go QB at eleven, I want Murray later.
    4. Bortles- could be great, could be crap. Loves to throw off his back foot, bad mechanics. I think he reminds me of Eli manning.

I don't like any of the others much. To be fair, I haven't watched garrapolo, but Manziel, mccarron, and mettlenburger are simply wasted draft picks in my eyes. Do not touch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar