Quarterback Cam Newton says he's leaving Auburn to enter the NFL draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Shanvhere, Jan 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

The 10th was 6 days ago.

That's 1 short of a week.

That's when Tyrelle Pryor announced he'd enter. (aka Cam Newton)

2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Mandrich had the ability, lots of people have the ability. 'the Diva' has the ability. Don't always work out.

3. joeman546

joeman546 Rookie

Cam Newton is a no go.

I dont want to spend three years teaching the guy how to set his feet and make good throws because he doesnt have the elusiveness to avoid an NFL linebackers, yet tries to every other plat. He might have a good career, but he wont be an instant impact to our team.

4. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

Newton may, he is a project QB though that will take 2-3 years to develop, for that matter every QB in this draft is. Which is why I don't want one in the first round this year. Next year's draft is likely to be LOADED with franchise QBs with Luck, Barkley and Landry Jones all likely to be in the draft. They would rate 1,2, and 3 in this years group and it wouldn't be close. As far as Pryor, first of all I have seen nothing that says he is coming out this year. That being said, he if does, I have seen nothing from him that makes me want him as a starting QB. It has nothing to do with racism, it's the same criticism scouts have for him. He does not read defenses well, or make good decisions, tends to make one read and run, and doesn't possess great arm strength, and is not very accurate. He tends to make one read and run if it's not there. Does he have potential, yes, but some other team can take the chance with both to find out. Most of the dislike for Cam and Pryor around here comes from no one wanting another run-first QB. We want a pocket passer that can make the right decisions and move the ball through the air.

5. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

Tn fan's want a QB that fits them thats why I think Mallet has to be our next QB he is the perfect hillbilly for TN AKA the hillbilly paradise.

As much AS I like newton i don't want to see 5 more years of fan's crying and B@#$ing.

6. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

This makes zero sense. TN fans want a QB that can get us to the playoffs and win. It has been proven time and time again, that type of QB is a pocket passer that can move the ball through the air. Race has nothing to do with it. If it did, there wouldn't be many on this board wanting the Titans to sign McNabb. I don't want Mallett, Locker, Newton, Gabbert or any QB in the first round. Every QB in this draft is a project QB that needs 2-3 years to develop. And none are rated anywhere close to the 3 likely to be in the draft next year (Luck, Barkley, Jones).

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar